BearMan

Bar Grounders

Hello Everybody,

I one of my other posts, we got on the discussion about Bar Grounders. Here are a couple that I use from time to time,,, sometimes I forget though!! Anyway,,, they are made out of 304 Stainless. My local Marine supply house carries lots of Satinless, in many forms. These were origanally large nails. It really tested my eyes making these,,, even with a magnifier. I have another one in this same size not pictured, which has 7 holes. These were made using a 1/32" drill bit, & some small files. What do "Ya'll" think. Ed

Bargrounders5_GOOD.jpg

Bargrounders_GOOD.jpg

Bargrounders3_GOOD.jpg

post-7175-1239565681_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1239565697_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1239565724_thumb.jpg

Ed,

Hmmm. The one that really caught my eye was the offset cluster one. That's not the normal style - it's different and neat. Another unique feature that jumped out at me but had nothing to do with your bargrounder pattern was the rather unique pattern of holes along the shaft of the tool.

Regards,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I can't claim the design for either, of those. The "cluster" is something I remembered from one, from a Looong time ago. The drilled impressions, I actually saw from someone on here. I wish I knew thier name so I could give them credit. Once I find out who it is,,, I will post it here. Ben, I'm glad You liked it anyway! Ed

Ed,

Hmmm. The one that really caught my eye was the offset cluster one. That's not the normal style - it's different and neat. Another unique feature that jumped out at me but had nothing to do with your bargrounder pattern was the rather unique pattern of holes along the shaft of the tool.

Regards,

Ben

Ben,

The person's ID is: ghstrydr164 That had a picture of a large beveler he'd made that had the same kind of drilled impression, except he used several more, in a cpl diff. sizes.

thanks for posting the pics bearman. Thinking I need to try my hand at this now, James

Bear Man, Awesome tools!!! i tried to make a frog skin, and i hated it, so I threw it away, but after coming over here, you guys have gave me some idea's.

And I thank you!

You all make real nice tools here on this forum, and i thank you for sharing them to us folks!

greg