Sign in to follow this  
wildland

Lacing

I am getting ready to start adding lacing to the edges of my work and wanted to know what people thought would be the best book or books for learning the different ways of doing this.

:whatdoyouthink:

Hi... Any of the simple tandy instruction books are pretty good, and will more than likely get you started. I've got them if you don't have close source. And I think I've laced a trillion wallets and other things, for whatever that's worth.

kevin@springfieldleather.com

Bruce Grant's books are pretty good as well. Easy to follow...and with pictures!! I started braiding stuff the first day I got "Leather Braiding". I got it off Amazon, but you can find it at Tandy too.

Hi... Any of the simple tandy instruction books are pretty good, and will more than likely get you started. I've got them if you don't have close source. And I think I've laced a trillion wallets and other things, for whatever that's worth.

kevin@springfieldleather.com

I will take anything you would like to e-mail me, and I really appreciate the offer. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

chris_l_ross@msn.com

Bruce Grant's books are pretty good as well. Easy to follow...and with pictures!! I started braiding stuff the first day I got "Leather Braiding". I got it off Amazon, but you can find it at Tandy too.

Dose "Leather Braiding" cover different lacing styles for around the edges of stuff as well?

Yep, it does. Though I can't remember the specific name of this braid, here is a couple cell phone cases I did using Grant's book as a guide. All this braiding came from his book.

cell2005sm.jpg

cell2006sm.jpg

cell2010.jpg

post-6892-1239997243_thumb.jpg

post-6892-1239997251_thumb.jpg

post-6892-1239997277_thumb.jpg