Sign in to follow this  
danielb

Pyrography? - First post

Howdy !!

Im glad to be here. This place is A W E S O M E. A lot of knowleadge, beautiful works ... :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Can You tell me which technique was used to make these drawings on the lather ?

poster65390511.jpg

tattoo.jpg

ad4.jpg

Thanks !!

Best, Daniel

it's hard to tell just by looking at the pictures here and on their website (they make beautiful watch straps btw). but to me it has a look similar to an embossing plate and screen printing...that's just my guess. it could be the result of hours of pyrography, but i don't think so.

ken

Looks like pyrography to me on these ones only because they seem to be one off designs and it might be counter productive to make embossing plates and screen prints for those also being watch straps they are fairly small. On some of the others on his website though it definately looks like some sort of embossing plate was used. He definately makes very nice watch straps though whatever technique he uses, my last thought would probably be a combination of all three.

Dremmel has always been a good brand I bet that you would get your moneys worth from it. I have a kit from Versa-Tool that I have started experimenting with and I think is pretty good. The down side for the Versa-Tool is that unless you got real tough finger tips you may want to make a koozie to keep the heat down around your fingers. it's easy to find tips for it at just about any hobby store.

Damon

i do alot of pyro work if you want a good burner you may want to look into a Optima 1 or a Optima 1 dual. with the dual you can run more than one pen at a time.there are other burners out there but i like the optima because of its pens that seem to last a lot longer than some of the other burners i have had.. just my two cents and what i use http://www.carvertools.com/

:whatdoyouthink: i am a self taught pyrographer ... practiced hundreds of hours - more difficult than i thought. i use a detailmaster excalibur system. i've learned to do fine line detail on leather, wood, and gourds. this system will burn about anything feasible. woodcarvers supply carries an eagle burner system that will take any maker's handpiece... good price and high wattage. pyrography is awesome. after i get my cobra class 4, i'm making a rifle case with tooling and buffalo leather for my new shiloh sharps. have a design in my head of a locomotive and buffalo on the western plains. i have a wallet (tandy kit) about 20 yrs. old... burned an eagle on it ... still looks good. pyrography just adds another way of customizing leather. rickmoo