Go2Tex

Charro Horn Wade

I can't add anything but, WOW!

DITTO!!! Ronny

Brent, I will be glad to add my two cents here. Often I see work that either is good working saddle work , or saddles that are works of art. To see them come together like yours has, is a pleasure, and is the reason that I follow this link. Back when I used build cars, and to go to the race track (cars), my buddy Bill used to call me "the lookin'est guy he ever saw", because I was always interested in seeing how others did it, and how it worked for them. I find that I am still a lookin kind of guy, and in this case the looking is good.

Exceptional job!

Bondo Bob

Good Job! Looks an awful lot like the saddle my dad has in the bit and saddle show at the Western Folklife Center in Elko, Nv that opened back in Jan. His is on a tree with a little more front like the charro saddles and the horn is a bit bigger but still they sure look a lot alike. Still a nice job.

Steve

Hey Brent, Why such a plain saddle? Next time try and make it a bit fancier!!!! OMG

Vaya Con Dios, Alan

Good Job! Looks an awful lot like the saddle my dad has in the bit and saddle show at the Western Folklife Center in Elko, Nv that opened back in Jan. His is on a tree with a little more front like the charro saddles and the horn is a bit bigger but still they sure look a lot alike. Still a nice job.

Steve

Thanks, how about posting some pics of your Dad's saddle. I'd love to see another version of this idea.

Steve

This may be it.

http://www.westernfolklife.org/site1/index...c,detail/id,49/

What museum is that going in because surely no one would dare place that on a horse! BEAUTIFUL!

Art

Oh yeah, I saw those pics right about the time I got this order and it definitely gave me the idea of how to cover the horn. For sure, I give credit to Don for that inspiration. Also, the colorization, the black trim and dark antique sort of "evolved" in my attempt to duplicate the color of Rick Bean's Outlaw saddle. I never even came close to that in a practical process for my saddle but the overall black trim was inspired by that one. All driven initially by the customer.

There was also another saddle that was shown recently, I believe, that had the charro horn. Funny how these trends get going. All of a sudden everybody wants a bigger horn.

Hey Brent, Why such a plain saddle? Next time try and make it a bit fancier!!!! OMG

Vaya Con Dios, Alan

Mucho Gracias, compadre!

Hey Brent,

I just saw your post. You did an exceptional job on this saddle. A tremendous amount of work is represented there and I commend you for the great work!

Keith

Hey Brent,

I just saw your post. You did an exceptional job on this saddle. A tremendous amount of work is represented there and I commend you for the great work!

Keith

Well thank you, Sir. That means a lot coming from such an accomplished maker such as yourself. I spent the morning doing the international shipping, so by this time tomorrow, this baby is going to be history! I already have some ideas for the next one and I think I'll hang onto it for a show or 2.

Oh, and by the way Keith, I did finally break down and bought a clipper. I got the Wahl Chromado cordless. With the number 10 medium blade, it does an incredible job. I can't believe I waited so long. Wow, what a difference! It actually arrived after I took the photos of this saddle, but it got a good trimming before I boxed 'er up.

Thanks again for the kind remarks and to all who commented.

Hi Brent

Fantastic job. You probably needed some R&R after that one.

I was hoping to see it at W.F. this October so maybe you need to do it again. LOL

Best Regards

Blake

That is a beautiful piece of work. Very good balance of color and texture. I love looking at things like that.

Fred

That is an incredible piece of work you have created.

I would also like to thank you for sharing the information with us, as well as your pictures.

In my wildest dreams, I hope to be able to someday create something half as beautiful!

Thanks again for sharing. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

That is an incredible piece of work you have created.

I would also like to thank you for sharing the information with us, as well as your pictures.

In my wildest dreams, I hope to be able to someday create something half as beautiful!

Thanks again for sharing. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Well, I tell ya, when I started down the road of building saddles, I too never dreamed that I could create something like this one. In fact, when I started THIS saddle, I wasn't totally sure how it would turn out. But, with each saddle, you get better. You gain confidence. You try new things and you grow. Sometimes you have to really reach out there and take some risk. .... "nothing ventured, nothing gained". So, this time the leather gods where smiling on me and it worked out ok.