Bryan

Hello from Ca.

Hi all. Glad to have found you here. I've already found a bunch of great info. Any way, I've just been getting back in to the craft after MANY years & I just keep thinking to myself 'Why did I ever stop?'. I learned from my Grandma when I was a kid & had fun, but I sure didn't have the appreciation for it that I do now. Well, on top of learning such a great skill, I was fortunate enough to inherit Grandma's tools. I've been working leather again for a few months now & have only been picking up pace! I've been reading everything I can on the subject that I can get my hands on & would love to learn from some more experienced folks. Hopefully later on I can pass along some knowledge to others who want to learn. Here's a shot of a current project for my Mom. I took it just after I finished tooling last night, so it's still a bit wet, but you get the idea.

CopyofJW002.jpg

Thanks for being here, you'll like it.......the old saying.........

"If the pupil hase'nt learned the teacher hase'nt taught"

both of you did well.

Welcome to Leatherworker.net, we're glad you found us.

And after seeing that work.....yeah, why did you quit?

Hello, I am in Reseda, What part of CA are you in?

Thanks for the kind words. Anne, I'm in Benicia, Ca. (East Bay Area). What area is Reseda? Near L.A. isn't it? I know thats where The Karate Kid lived!

lol part of that movie was filmed at the apartments behind my friends shop where I take a class. Yes Reseda, is in the Valley near LA.

Hey Bryan, glad your back! By looking at your work, it's like you never left.

Man, I've been reading & researching here for the past couple of days & I really can't belive the amount of resources & info available! When I started looking for suppliers & such I was really disappointed. I've really had the feeling this was a dying art, but here it is thriving! As Mater would say "I'm happier thn'a tornado n a trailer park"! I get a bit over exited about finding new toys!

Another "Bryan" from California, WELCOME!

I'm in Orange, about 5 miles from Disneyland.

Your work is wonderful!

If they offer you coffee and donuts, take the coffee, beware the donuts. I think somebody's dog has been in there! :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks again guys! Anyone know of any trade shows here on the western front???

Closest trade shows to here are Sheridan, WY and Wickenburg, AZ. Nothing actually in CA.

Damn, thats really to bad. Guess I'll have to save up & take a vacation.

Thanks

Bryan,

There's supposed to be a trade show in Elko, Nevada in mid-July (17th-18th or so). That should be do-able from the Bay Area.

Harvey

Yes, much better! I'll look it up. Thanks!

Bryan,

There's supposed to be a trade show in Elko, Nevada in mid-July (17th-18th or so). That should be do-able from the Bay Area.

Harvey

Edited by Bryan

Yes, much better! I'll look it up. Thanks!

Some amazing work. My respect for folks that can do leather carving / stamping is HUGE.

Some amazing work. My respect for folks that can do leather carving / stamping is HUGE.

Thanks! I'd love to learn some braiding techniques too. Tedious work.