McJeep

Biker wallet "skooling" needed ;0)

I have a couple buddies asking me to do biker style wallets for them. As I'm not a big wallet carrier, I've absolutely no idea of dimensions etc for this style of project. They are wantin the biker/trucker style - elongated with a chain - snap on keeper I think - etc.

If anyone has patterns, links to info, etc that they can share it would sure be appreciated. Anything to cut down the learning curve time for me would be great :)

I need to figure out how to make a decent piece without getting into too much lightweight leather and cardholder sewing etc.

Thanks peeps! :)

Cool - might do the same - they're web page is very erratic and let me see stuff the first visit but every other time it tells me there's nothing there LOL I think that the roper style is prob'ly the best suited for a biker wallet

Yeah roper and biker is pretty much the same as far as wallets just depends on who wears it I guess.

I linked to a page that after I had done a search on the site. If ya go to the home page and do a search for wallets then they will pop up.

Paul at Leather Wranglers has some nice looking interiors that would cut the time way down. Plus he's always ready to help out and answer questions.

http://www.leatherwranglers.com/craftsupplies.html

Steve

Yeah roper and biker is pretty much the same as far as wallets just depends on who wears it I guess.

I linked to a page that after I had done a search on the site. If ya go to the home page and do a search for wallets then they will pop up.

Yup, was using the search engine - worked first time but then got all hinky on me - will look again tonight

Paul at Leather Wranglers has some nice looking interiors that would cut the time way down.

Those would almossssst be perfect - perfect would be that size, with the two bill slots, but with extra card slots on the right side instead of the little zippered pouch thing.

This may help a little... it's not in English, and it's not identical to a biker wallet, but pretty similar. But the pictures really help you see the construction techniques. It helped me figure out how to make a good biker wallet. One day I will post a photo demo with all the fine points to make the pattern I posted earlier, but in the mean time, I hope this helps...

http://www.kurokawa96.com/seisaku.htm

Kate

Bookmarked for morning reading ;0)

Thanks fer that :)

Bookmarked for morning reading ;0)

Thanks fer that :)

Hey McJeep,

I am having the same trouble as you. BigHouse Daddy Leather, has some biker wallet plans to download to your PC. Hope that helps some.

I've found biker wallet kits on eBay for around $20. I'm thinking of going that route and just tooling all of the stuff myself.