Juki LU 563 sewing machine

Hello. I need info about a JjjJuki

I think our resident experts will need a little more to go on :rolleyes2:

Can you be more specific?

Badger

I think our resident experts will need a little more to go on :rolleyes2:

Can you be more specific?

Badger

Hello, the Juki 563 is a large drop in "U" style bobbin with a large hook. It is a needle feed, walking foot machine with reverse. At the time, it was one of the best, if not the best that money could buy. It is now 20 or so years old, but still a very good machine. Steve

WHat is the difference between the 563 and LU562? How large of a thread will these handle... 207? Just found a LU262 locally, looks like new, may make an offer but wondering if it will do a couple layers of six ounce for holster work or is this simply a light material machine... Don't mean to hijack the thread, but these look like identical machines?

:huh:

Hi there.

I own a JUKI LU 563 and the difference Im pretty sure is the size of the bobbin. THe 562 has a small and the 563 has the large. Other than that the same machine I think.

I still love mine and have owned 3 of them over the years. Still sews faithfully and is OK.

Cheers

Trevor

"Way Down Under"

jukiLU563__06.JPG

post-2565-1245315765_thumb.jpg

Hi there.

I own a JUKI LU 563 and the difference Im pretty sure is the size of the bobbin. THe 562 has a small and the 563 has the large. Other than that the same machine I think.

I still love mine and have owned 3 of them over the years. Still sews faithfully and is OK.

Cheers

Trevor

"Way Down Under"

Hi,

That looks remarkably similar to the Seiko STW-8B (see photo), they must be related!

Steve

seiko_STW_8B.jpg

post-7482-1245362377_thumb.jpg

Edited by SteveBrambley

Hi,

That looks remarkably similar to the Seiko STW-8B (see photo), they must be related!

Steve

seiko_STW_8B.jpg

I think there may have been a lot of inbreeding going on that no one knows about, Steve!

Tony.

WHat is the difference between the 563 and LU562? How large of a thread will these handle... 207? Just found a LU262 locally, looks like new, may make an offer but wondering if it will do a couple layers of six ounce for holster work or is this simply a light material machine... Don't mean to hijack the thread, but these look like identical machines?

huh.gif

The difference between the 2 machines is singular.....the LU 563 has an automatic oiler.. you put the lubricating oil in a reservior and the

machine auto lubricates. The LU 562 you must lubricate yourself. A singular difference that is very important!

Best regards.....

The difference between the 2 machines is singular.....the LU 563 has an automatic oiler.. you put the lubricating oil in a reservior and the

machine auto lubricates. The LU 562 you must lubricate yourself. A singular difference that is very important!

Best regards.....

Hawk, the biggest difference between the 562 and the 563 is (as has been mentioned), the size of the bobbin. The 563 is the large bobbin, and the 562 is the small bobbin. Thanks, Steve