Sign in to follow this  
tazzmann

Target Quiver

Here is a project my son and I just finished. let me know what you think. We didn't have a pattern, but it works good for him. Yes, i know i forgot to nip off the end of a lace. That has been remedied since the photo was taken. :head_hurts_kr:

DSC03399.JPG

post-5650-1205473227_thumb.jpg

Edited by tazzmann

Hey, is this what's called a tobacco burst ;)

Looks very nice! Insides are no fun to colour but I'd probably would have done that anyway and maybe try to slick it too. I've heard that gum-trag is working fine for that but never tried myself, yet.

Nice going with the tooling on the edges (following the lacing). I think that is really boring and a drag to do but it pays off in the end as opposed to just have a laced edge.

Tom

That's just a nice quiver, your pattern appears to have worked out, I'd like to have more to say but it's hard to comment on a great job except to say GREAT JOB !!! I like it, that's a fine piece of leatherwork .

Edited by JRedding

really nice quiver...are you traditional archers? my son is a dedicated longbower

Very nice looking quiver! Long live traditional archery!

Thanks for all the kind comments. This quiver was done start to finish in just under 2 hours, the lacing was done in just under 20 minutes, so we didn't take a lot of time to color the inside or slick up the edges as much as I would have liked. A couple of friends of his were going to a local archery range and they all had their own target quivers, so he wanted one too. I did the cutting, lacing, basket weave and riveting, but he did everything else including the coloring. (He saw one of Beeza's seats and just loved the coloring and wanted to try it himself.)

The coloring was fiebings Dk Brown oil dye and the center was just olive oil. The whole thing was finished with Leather Balm w/Atom wax. For a rush job, he was happy and I was mostly happy. :D

P.S. Yes, we are traditional archers both shooting recurve bows. I do have a Ben Pearson compound bow, but rarely shoot it.

Edited by tazzmann

Nice quiver Tazz!

...yeah, recurves rock! Though I haven't drawn mine in more years than I care to admit.

Brent