Sign in to follow this  
Tkleather1

New Rodeo Chaps and a set of slobber straps

Here is a pair of rodeo chaps that I have done recently. I have done a few but they got shipped while my wife was away and she had the camera. The other is a set of Slobber straps, I am not real happy with the stitching I think I will hand stitch the next set but hey its a start. I am pretty happy with the edges on the slpbber straps I think they are the best edges I have to date, Still not Hidepounder quality but I am trying to get my system down and i think this is a step in the right direction, Let me know what you all think of everything and things I should have done different. again I am well aware of the not so good stitching on the slobber straps.LOL

Thanks

Tim

Kolts_Chap_yokes_resized.jpg

Kolts_Rodeo_Chaps_resized.jpg

Slobber_strap_edges_resized.jpg

Slobber_Straps_resized.jpg

Kolts_Chap_yokes_resized.jpg

Kolts_Rodeo_Chaps_resized.jpg

Slobber_strap_edges_resized.jpg

Slobber_Straps_resized.jpg

post-9593-1244504948_thumb.jpg

post-9593-1244504981_thumb.jpg

post-9593-1244505019_thumb.jpg

post-9593-1244505112_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tkleather1

I was informed that the hole in the slobber straps is probably a little too large. thank you for the information, Number two set will be much better.

Great work Tim, Do you machine sew or hand stitch? Whichever your work is realy nice!

Those are some nice edges thats for sure!

I also like the tooling pattern on the chaps too, with the basket weave & floral being mixed. Nice and even. Very nice finish. What got you to that finish, which products/methods, if you dont mind sharing?

I like the way the belt is laced in at the back.

You do nice work.

Very nice looking work. Don't think I have seen a set of slobbers like those before. I am more used to the ones that just fold over vs having a buckle. The hole is a little on the large side. Nice work.

Great work Tim, Do you machine sew or hand stitch? Whichever your work is realy nice!

I use a singer 31-15 using 69 thread top and bottom

Those are some nice edges thats for sure!

I also like the tooling pattern on the chaps too, with the basket weave & floral being mixed. Nice and even. Very nice finish. What got you to that finish, which products/methods, if you dont mind sharing?

I like the way the belt is laced in at the back.

You do nice work.

the finish on these is just estra virgin olive oil and saddle lac. Using 7/8 oz herman oak leather.

Very nice looking work. Don't think I have seen a set of slobbers like those before. I am more used to the ones that just fold over vs having a buckle. The hole is a little on the large side. Nice work.

These Slobboer straps are for use on something other than a snaffle bit that you would not be able to get the other style through the hole on the bit. and yeah I now know that the hole is a little on the large side but they will be better on the next set and I will probably hand stitch them as I dont like the stitching on these ones.

thanks for all of the nice replies and still feel free to give me more advice, I am all ears.

Tim

TK leather