Sign in to follow this  
Tyrel

Corner Carved Will James

Hello All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the forum and just learning about the site. I have been making saddles for about 11 years around Globe, Arizona. I am always trying to learn more and improve my work so feel free to give suggestions or critique my work.

This is a saddle I finished a few days ago. It is a 16" Will James Tree made by Ben Swanke with a 4" Cantle. I corner carved this saddle and basket stamped everything except the seat and fenders (customer was concerned about the basket on the seat). The concho on the back of the cantle is made by Paul Kelleher. The concho is the client's favorite bible verse and reads "Singleness of heart and action, Jer. 32:39." The saddle has an inskirt rigging, which has been very popular lately especially for the ladies (I find it makes a little difference in the saddle's overall weight and narrowing the seat up). I also do a lot of flat plates and dee riggings. Most of the saddles I build are swell fork saddles. I wish I could build more wades, but it hasn't caught on down here yet.

:whatdoyouthink: I will try to post more pictures just having trouble loading them.

7.20.09_Pics_043.JPG

post-10704-1248151532_thumb.jpg

Great looking saddle, I really like the tooling,keep it up. Also WELCOME to Leatherworker.net, glad to have you here. Rus

I like the front edge of the fender and hoe the lines go great with the leading edge of the seat jockey and skirt. With lines like this you cant go wrong. OH and great job on the tooling

Very good looking rig! and Welcome

Vaya con Dios, Alan

Thanks everyone. I had some trouble with the antique on this saddle staining some of the flowers, mabe I didn't let the netlac dry enough. Has any one else had this trouble? Is there any way to draw out the stains?

Welcome Tyrel!

Great looking saddle, I wouldn't expect less from someone who lives in Arizona.

I deliver copper concentrate to Miami four days a week, just got home from there.

Keep the pictures coming.

Welcome Tyrel!

Really good looking rig! Skirt rigs are my favorite! I'm not aware of a any practical way to remove antique staining. Wish there was. Maybe someone else knows a trick I haven't heard of.....

Bob

Looks great. I like how the really dark flower centers make the flowers really stand out and look deep. Chris

Thanks again for the compliments! Here's the picture of the concho on the back of the cantle and also another picture of the saddle and breastcollar.

Thanks, Ty

7.20.09_Pics_024___Copy.JPG

7.20.09_Pics_016___Copy.JPG

7.20.09_Pics_036___Copy.JPG

post-10704-1248322084_thumb.jpg

post-10704-1248322276_thumb.jpg

post-10704-1248322607_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tyrel