from time to time, I have noticed that some of you'all talk of presses and pads. From the context, I take it you are speaking of some sort of press that helps with moulding instead of doing it my hand. Could someone take some time and show me what these look like and where you got it/made it??? I have read a lot from the forum and am learning a lot. Thanks for all your help.

also, where would you get kydex for paddles?

if you have a harbor freight or similar look at this

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...Itemnumber=1666

if you want Kydex, look for plastic suppliers in your area. if you dont mind mail orders, the google for suppliers

Edited by $$hobby

from time to time, I have noticed that some of you'all talk of presses and pads. From the context, I take it you are speaking of some sort of press that helps with moulding instead of doing it my hand. Could someone take some time and show me what these look like and where you got it/made it??? I have read a lot from the forum and am learning a lot. Thanks for all your help.

also, where would you get kydex for paddles?

for kydex go to knifekits.com they have a pretty good variety and are the least expensive.

Scroll down on the first page of the holster topic and you'll find an excellent post about a homemade press.

The press pads are somewhere around $50 each. I think 12"x12". ( I have two). If there is any interest I can supply the supplier. (email me). I have a 12 ton press from HF (not that you need one that large) & it works great. You will have to modify it some. No big deal.

Good luck.

I got the idea, thanks to all. This is a great forum and you guys are refreshingly friendly. ya'll all offer great advise and don't judge.

I got mine from them as well. http://www.mcmaster.com/#8633k63/=31j83x is the exact product I bought. You can get an idea of what the pads look like from the pics in this thread: http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...=17832&st=0. There are a a few pics on page 2.

Carl

I got 2 of the pads from them as well. Works great.