Has anybody here used a finish called leathercrafters"Top Finish" ? Its a glossy finish put out by Tandy. I inherited it from my grandfather when he passed. Another question I have is how long is this stuff good for? Thank you!

Sorry Dustin....I have never even heard of it...have you asked Tandy about it?

Bobby

Thanks Bob, thats a good idea. Its not that important, I was just wandering if it was any good. It cant be that good or you would of heard of it. Ill call Tandy and find out. Thank You.

Thanks Bob, thats a good idea. Its not that important, I was just wandering if it was any good. It cant be that good or you would of heard of it. Ill call Tandy and find out. Thank You.

Dustin:

if you call the local Tandy, they probably won't know. It would be better to ask an oldtimer who still works for Tandy or contact someone in management/Corporate & request that the archives be searched.

***Call Jimmy Waldrep (sp?) at the Atlanta store- he's one of the oldtimers still working- he's got a wealth of information- [definitely one of the guys in the white hats...] Say hi to him & Shannon from russ in Altoona!***

russ

Dustin:

if you call the local Tandy, they probably won't know. It would be better to ask an oldtimer who still works for Tandy or contact someone in management/Corporate & request that the archives be searched.

***Call Jimmy Waldrep (sp?) at the Atlanta store- he's one of the oldtimers still working- he's got a wealth of information- [definitely one of the guys in the white hats...] Say hi to him & Shannon from russ in Altoona!***

russ

Thanks Russ. I was going to call Tandy today but I just got home from work. I am definately curious if the stuff is still useable and if so is it worth using.

dustin29,

Jimmys number @ Tandy is: 800/261-4119 or 770/934-0081

dustin29,

Jimmys number @ Tandy is: 800/261-4119 or 770/934-0081

Thank you, Tom. I have been working later everyday, so I have not had the chance to call him yet but am looking forward to it.

I finally got a chance to talk to Jimmy at the Atlanta Tandy store. What a great guy he is! He explained to me that "Top Finish" was a decent finish product with a high gloss, but is no longer offered. He also explained to me how to revive some old Fiebings "Improved Antique Finish". He said"mix in some Tan Kote" and swirl it around and it should be usable again. Thank You for very much Russ for letting me know who to contact. I recommend anybody with any questions for Tandy call Jimmy.