drof99

My name is Ryan and I stumbled across this site last night and had to sign up. I have never done any type of leather work before and just became interested. This site has peaked that even more. I am from Iowa. I really got interested because I want to make my own holsters. These will be just for my use, not really looking to make a career out of it. I just like to do things for myself and its rare these days to find someone willing to put in the time, instead of dropping a few dollars and having someone do it for them. Not that there is anything wrong with that but its just not me. As of this time I'm really only interested in holsters and belts, but that may change as well. I've got a post in the holster section that I need some help with. I'm working on my first one and will post a pic when I'm finished.

Welcome drof99. This is a great site to learn from.. or I sure have learned a lot from this site and great work shown here. So anyway...welcome to the site.

Welcome aboard drol99!

I'm a recent member, myself. Nice people here and VERY talented. I'm sure you'll learn whatever you need, here.

Welcome to the forum drof, hope to see the finished holster when your done.

Ken

Ryan, Welcome to the forum. Life is an adventure and the long road of adventure starts with the first step. Welcome to the world of leathercraft, explore it at your own pace.

Ryan welcome to the forum, i wish you all the best on your first holster, dont hesitate to ask questions as there are so many talented people here that are willing to help out, Don

Welcome along there.. I see you have taken the first steps by joining in the forum and wish you well with the skills you will learn along the best path you will ever take in your life and that's working with Leather you will never stop learning and the good thing is it's always nice to get back to some plain old basic work..Wishing you all the best and all I can add is go for it Ryan.. by the way that's how I stated I never thought about doing it for a living!! that just happened...

Dave

Welcome, welcome :welcome: