Sign in to follow this  
steve mason

clicker dies

Howdy;

I am wanting to get a few clicker dies made to my patterns. Anyone who has some experiance getting dies make could you let me know where some good die makers are and the quality of the dies etc. I believe that Weaver and big Sky dies both make custom dies.

thanks for your help

Steve

Steve,

I have bought some off the rack ones from Big Sky and they are good. I had a couple made up by Texas Custom Dies in Mansfield TX. They were very good and quickly delivered. I have referred several people to them, and everyone has been happy.

I've gotten some from Big Sky, too, and was happy with them. What are you planning on having made up?

Steve what dies I have had made came from Big Sky. There was one I was not happy with as it was quite different than the pattern supplied but they took care of that no problem. When your getting prices get your prices with and without buckle slot and hole inserts etc. you will be suprised at the cost of these extras. Greg

thanks for all the help, I talked with Texas Dies yesterday, seemed like good people. there is a local Hutterite colony making dies, I might give them a try.

I am going to get dies for buck rolls, latigo, cinch an hobble carrys and maybe the rope strap buckle end. I don't have a real clicker just a shop press. If I get some dies from the Hutterites I'll let you know what I think.

thanks for all the help, I talked with Texas Dies yesterday, seemed like good people. there is a local Hutterite colony making dies, I might give them a try.

I am going to get dies for buck rolls, latigo, cinch an hobble carrys and maybe the rope strap buckle end. I don't have a real clicker just a shop press. If I get some dies from the Hutterites I'll let you know what I think.

What's a Hutterite?

What's a Hutterite?

Just for you Gummy

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hutterites are a communal branch of Anabaptists who, like the Amish and Mennonites, trace their roots to the Radical Reformation of the 16th century. Since the death of their founder Jakob Hutter in 1536, the beliefs of the Hutterites, especially living in a community of goods and absolute pacifism, has resulted in hundreds of years of odyssey through many countries. Nearly extinct by the 18th and 19th century, the Hutterites found a new home in North America. Over 125 years their population grew from 400 to around 50,000. The Hutterite community has one of the highest fertility rates.[1]

Just for you Gummy

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hutterites are a communal branch of Anabaptists who, like the Amish and Mennonites, trace their roots to the Radical Reformation of the 16th century. Since the death of their founder Jakob Hutter in 1536, the beliefs of the Hutterites, especially living in a community of goods and absolute pacifism, has resulted in hundreds of years of odyssey through many countries. Nearly extinct by the 18th and 19th century, the Hutterites found a new home in North America. Over 125 years their population grew from 400 to around 50,000. The Hutterite community has one of the highest fertility rates.[1]

Thanks for the explaination Steve. While I already knew the ansewer most readers on here were probably wondering as there are not many colonies in the US. Greg

Thanks for the explaination Steve. While I already knew the ansewer most readers on here were probably wondering as there are not many colonies in the US. Greg

We have a few colonies here in Montana. Hard working up at dawn type of people. No die makers though.

Hey Steve,

Veteren Colony in Alberta makes really nice dies. The last time I spoke with them they were charging $2.00 an inch. I don`t have their number but if you contact Don Loewen at 1-866-677-9953 he has their number and uses their dies. I have saddle bag dies made by them and am very happy with them. They are formed well and hold their edge.