The Major

Whip Falls Question

Ok, so I know its not leather (sorry but it is braiding related).

I havent made too many nylon whips in my day, mainly roo, and I usually use a leather fall.

but when it comes to nylon whips, what do you do for a fall if the customer doesn't want a leather fall. Do you just use the nylon cord and fill it with a piece of flat leather? I'm at a loss.

Thanks for the assistance.

Ok, so I know its not leather (sorry but it is braiding related).

I havent made too many nylon whips in my day, mainly roo, and I usually use a leather fall.

but when it comes to nylon whips, what do you do for a fall if the customer doesn't want a leather fall. Do you just use the nylon cord and fill it with a piece of flat leather? I'm at a loss.

Thanks for the assistance.

Sir,

When i make falls for my nylons (whips, not stockings mind you) I simply gut a piece of chute cord twice as long as the desired fall length. Taper and melt the end and thread on a slightly sharpened permalock needle. Insert needle approximately one inch from center and run it out the end. Detach needle and adjust so that you have about an inch of hollow cord at the end to attach your cracker. Clear as mud?

Sir,

When i make falls for my nylons (whips, not stockings mind you) I simply gut a piece of chute cord twice as long as the desired fall length. Taper and melt the end and thread on a slightly sharpened permalock needle. Insert needle approximately one inch from center and run it out the end. Detach needle and adjust so that you have about an inch of hollow cord at the end to attach your cracker. Clear as mud?

Perfectly understood. Thanks!

Any time sir. Are you using the aussie type fall attachment?

yes

yes

Then that should do you up nicely. Ive made a lot of nylons to help pay for roo hide. The calluses on the edges of my pinky fingers are something to behold. This method produces a very light fall that's easy to replace. Quick to make to boot.