oldgringo

Stohlman Rigging Guage

I recently purchased Mr. and Mrs. Stohlman's Vol. 1. What an excellent resource! Hard for me to believe I have built saddles without it. But then again I'm not sure what I've built one would call a saddle. Anyway, do any of you saddlers know if one can actually buy the Stohlman Rigging Guage, or do I have to bend one up myself?

Thanks

OG

have not seen any for sale, so id try makin it yourself. I hope you plan on purchasing volumes 2 and 3 in the future, as they are also a great deal of help. they also refer back and forth to different areas.good luck and keep us posted

In the same vein, there was someone selling a rigging gauge at Sheridan last year. I wasn't there, but see it advertised in the LCSJ. Looks like a clear plastic setup. Anybody seen it or used one?

Look under saddle construction. jonwatsabaugh posted a pic of his rigging placement jig. It's not like Stohlmans but it looks pretty serviceable.

I was going to make a Stohlman gauge but then saw Dusty Johnson uses a clear plastic tool that does the same job in a different way. Much easier to use and to make.

Gary