Sign in to follow this  
broncobuster

rifle scabbard

LAND_FREEDOM_RIDE_BLING_004.jpgscabbard_1.jpg

heres my first attempt at a rifle scabboard. customer liked it but i figured out how to do different stuff afterwards. learn as ya go I guess. Im ask to do such a variety of things hard to get good at one thing. hope I did ok. thanks Bronc--Bonnie

post-5091-1206635218_thumb.jpg

post-5091-1206635252_thumb.jpg

WOW Bonnie, nice work... :red_bandana:

That looks really cool and, phew what alot of basketweave, respect! I guess you got the technique down before undertaking that task.

Antiquing sure looks well with this kind of items!

Now that you're all buttered I'm gonna ask how you feel about carving and stamping such a big leatherpiece 'cuz I just tooled a design on a piece similar in size for the first time (4,5ft x almost 1ft, 145 x 28 cm) . I'm not happy with the tooling and the carving especially was really hard to get as good as usual. I just had such big problems since it's so hard to turn the leather when going around corners and such and very tricky to place my stamping tools correctly and it took alot more time aswell.

Any pointers would be appreciated since I'll do more work on this size leathers.

Tom :notworthy:

Very nice scabboard, there sure is a lot of basket weaving. Very nice.

Ken

thanks all. well an answer to the large area lol ya got to be a contortionist lol n ambidextrious and be a trapeze artist lol. J/K lol I kind of roll the leather or fold it when i have to turn it n work on the area. not folded like crease folded just kind of rolled up n under my chin. Its hard to explain. n I start in the middle and work my way out. that is on the basketweave. hope ya kind of understand. Its a royal pain but it works.

I get the idea of what you are saying. I think the work area probably plays a big role too. A table that I could walk around completely would be nice for the big stuff. I have a desk scuffed up against the wall and some shelfs there aswell so I just gotta struggle on and try to find my way!

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.

Tom