Sent an e-mail to Mr. Customer this morning to let him know that his new holster was ready for delivery. Mr. Customer responded enthusiastically, photos looked great!

A few minutes later Mr. Customer noticed that his new LEFT HANDED holster had been produced as a RIGHT HANDED holster.

Oh, well! Gotta tell you all, this getting old crap just ain't for sissies! Golden Years? My rosy red (you know what)!

Remedial reading classes for old Lobo this week, guaranteed. Went out and bought myself a few "highlighters" to use on the order forms that accompany every new order into the shop.

Nine little darlings (from 1 to 24 years old) now call me "grampa", One little guy (age 1) tries to gurgle something like "great-grampa". Life is good, here in southern Colorado, even if I can't get the wrong-handed customer's order right the first time around.

Got my new eyeglasses the other day, bi-focals and all. Maybe that will fix all my problems.

We use a red pen to circle anything on an order that varies from what we offer as usual specs. Some orders have a lot of red on them! I remember one order I just circled the whole page. It was easier. smile.gif Even then some things get missed and parts need to be remarked, but the different color sure helps us notice that something needs to be checked more carefully.

Ha! It's funny you bring that up, I did the exact same thing just this afternoon.oops.gif

-Adam

Good morning Lobo. Did the same thing not more than a month ago. Totally finished and ready to go...but left handed. A good left handed friend was happy to receive a new holster for one of his 1911 pistols and I had to scramble to complete the order within a reasonable time. By the way, the young-uns have called me "Popo" for years and the new bifocals didn't help very much. Mike

I feel your pain Lobo. I just finished a custom chest holster for a S&W Performance 500 with a 10 1/2" barrel and a scope on it. Took me weeks of work and a half a cow to make it. I was so impressed with myself when I finished it up and brought it in to him to have the strap sized fro him. (I work with him). He held it up to his chest, backwards and upside down. I said "no, it goes like this" as I flipped it around for him. He looked at me and I knew then exactly what I had done. "I'm a lefty" censored2.gif Fortunately, he was real good about it. It was mostly for carrying it through the woods, for transport when hunting. Had he not been a friend / co-worker, I'd have been rebuilding a big time project. He got a deal on it too, so he felt better about accepting it.

Yep, been down that road, too. But it's a good thing you sent a photo before shipping it. At least that saves the hassle and expense of shipping the wrong item, and having the customer ship it back again.

Kate

Just for the heck of it, I have posted photos of the two holsters produced. Pretty good mirror-image, if you ask me.

Problem discovered on the evening of October 16, replacement holster ready for delivery on the afternoon of October 20.

Mr. Customer is happy, and I have a buyer for the right-hand model now.

Life is good.

10-16-09 leather 001.jpg

10-20-09 leather 001.jpg

post-7487-125682411499_thumb.jpg

post-7487-125682413347_thumb.jpg

Just for the heck of it, I have posted photos of the two holsters produced. Pretty good mirror-image, if you ask me.

Problem discovered on the evening of October 16, replacement holster ready for delivery on the afternoon of October 20.

Mr. Customer is happy, and I have a buyer for the right-hand model now.

Life is good.

That just sounds like good clean livinYou_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Carl

Ray,

I've done the same exact thing twice over the past few months. Both of my mistakes were not discovered until the customer received their holster. My 3-4 week normal build time was expidited to 3 days. Both customers were happy and I was able to resell both holsters. I can appreciate the mirror images. A few years ago, I studied western boot making under Carl Chappell. He taught me if you made a mistake on one boot, make the same mistake on the other boot so it looks like you planned it that way.

Randy

Edited by Randyc