Storm

KEY FOB PATTERN

Here is the pattern I use for my key fobs. I hope some will enjoy it. It is an easy folder over and sew together.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! I was going to ask you for it, but you beat me to it!

Is there something I need to do, I am unable to download?

I am having problems downloading too. :(

I got locked up the first two times I clicked on it to view it; so I tried right clicking and saving the file, then opening it. That worked for me.

Can you repost it? I am unable to get it even if I right click on it. I get a little red X box in the upper left corner.

I'll try posting it and see what happens.

keyfob from Storm.jpg

post-5639-125648784758_thumb.jpg

For those who may need some help with asembley then here ya go!

Instructions On How To Go About Making it. Some people have asked and so here are some instructions to help anyone needing same.

First cut out the fob carefully after tracing it to the leather.

Punch your hole for the concho

I will then die using and all in one from ecoflo. Front first and then the back in the center where there will be no glue.

I put the key ring on and attach the concho.

Then I fold over the two halves without gluing the and while holding them in place I mark both pieces, top and bottom on both s with a pencil. You are locating the upper most part of the gluing area.

Now open it up and on both sides draw a curved pencil line to each of the two points on both side. This curved line is the upper limit of you gluing.

I then burnish the inside between the two circles of the fob where the keyring goes.

Take the contact cement and carefully apply to both sides. Let it dry until tacky.

Once tacky carefully fold over the two sides and join them together slowly and as closely as possible.

Use a shoemakers hammer to tamp on the surrounding edges.

Of course it is very likely there will be variations and a little unevenness. This might happen even if you did have them die cut.

This is when I bring out my Dremel tools and use a drum sander attachment. Then by hand I get rid of the imperfection. The subtle sanding also has a way of prepping the edge for finishing.

I use a groover and then hand sew the two sides together.

The I use a bone folder on the water moistened edge and smooth it down.

I come back and use the all in one on the edge and let it dry.

The finally I finished the edge to a glossy finish.