Sign in to follow this  
Colter

Hello!

Hello everyone,i think after a week of looking at this Site my shyness is letting me actually post,ehehe!

To start,i'm Colter Hale,odd name i know, 16 and living in North Texas.

I've been a Leatherworker for a year and a half now,and love every second of it,along with that i am a Trapshooter,Hunter,Beginner Fiddle player,and Part-time Cook. Thanks to the constant work i get from People ordering,saying "Can you make this?Oh,i want one of these!",i've learned by trial and error and Broadened my craft from the common Wallet,to shotgun shellboxes,to Half Chaps used for Lawn mowing and gardening. I was Taught for awhile by a Guy whose been working Boot Repairs,Saddle repair and pretty much everything leather makes for 50 years,and even made Belts for Asleep at the Wheel/Ernest Tubb/Charlie Pride.

Moving from a table in my room,my last birthday present was a 10x20 foot building in the backyard i've Furnished into a Shop. Here's a look at my Workbench i made myself,with strips of leather nailed on to hold my tools. Pictures themselves won't load up,so here is a Link to my Deviantart page.

http://thalaskaru.de...g-one-138717503

Well enough about me now,Any advice/Tips/Whatever it may be is greatly appreciated,i've learned so much already just scrolling through posts,and Thanks especially to Jim Simmons and his Tutorial on making a looped gun holster.

Edited by Thalaskaru

Welcome, look forward to seeing some of your work. As you already know there is a wealth of knolage on this site and alot of great folks.

Welcome to Leatherworker. It sure is nice to have your own space to do your craft.