TroyS

Harley TourPak

This project was for a buddy in Texas. I'll give you a little background...

My buddy (The Customer) had a picture of his Dad taken in about 1946. It's a picture of his Dad on a 1940 Harley Knucklehead. The picture is all faded and cracked with some water stains. Not a very good picture. I spent hours and hours refurbishing the photo. Once the Photo was restored, I had it laser etched onto a piece of leather. I then took a TourPak (trunk) from a 1983 HD and recovered it for my buddy's new '09 Road King. Here's the results.

I tooled a strip of basketweaving around the sides and back of the pak, then braided all of the corners to tie it all together.

Before_small.jpg

After.jpg

HPIM3391.JPG

HPIM3392.JPG

HPIM3393.JPG

HPIM3394.JPG

HPIM3397.JPG

:whatdoyouthink:

post-6344-125689924979_thumb.jpg

post-6344-125689926145_thumb.jpg

post-6344-125689932449_thumb.jpg

post-6344-125689932585_thumb.jpg

post-6344-125689932709_thumb.jpg

post-6344-125689932812_thumb.jpg

post-6344-125689932912_thumb.jpg

Wow, very cool!!!

that is so cool great job

David

That is great work, I know alot of guys that would love to have that on there bike.

Great work.

Now THAT is awesome!

Hey Troy,

What knocks me out is all the work that you put on that photo. That's a whole different body on the guy's father.

Different hand position, cigarette is gone, sleve rolled to mid forearm not to the elbow, different shirt, different pants, and boots. That's not to mention the work on the bike.... glossy paint, and stripes on the fenders. Is that a different bike too? That's quite a re-do on the photo....

Nicely done.

Dave Theobald

Edited by David

Wow, very cool!!!

that is so cool great job

David

I think your buddy is going to be very pleased!! Great job!

That is great work, I know alot of guys that would love to have that on there bike.

Great work.

Now THAT is awesome!

Hey Troy,

What knocks me out is all the work that you put on that photo. That's a whole different body on the guy's father.

Different hand position, cigarette is gone, sleve rolled to mid forearm not to the elbow, different shirt, different pants, and boots. That's not to mention the work on the bike.... glossy paint, and stripes on the fenders. Is that a different bike too? That's quite a re-do on the photo....

Nicely done.

Dave Theobald

Thanks everyone! I hope he likes it as much as y'all do! He's supposed to get it today by 4:30 pm so he'll be calling soon.

Dave, thanks for noticing all the work! I didn't have a lot to go with in the original photo. And, admittedly, it doesn't look the best to re-print the photo, but the contrast works out well on leather. I searched the internet for hours looking for photos that were similar. I used Photoshop to manipulate all of the pieces. Shirt from a Sears catalog, pants from a WWII gunner sitting straddling a flak canon, the boot from a boot ad, a totally restored show bike 1940 HD Knucklehead.

Thanks again everyone for the kudos!

Now... on to the next project... to be announced...

Troy

That B&W photo of yer Dad is really cool. I like the tour pak.