Ready For Dye

Just finished this one, waiting on a decision on dye

IMG_1177.JPG

IMG_1178.JPG

post-5441-125770909393_thumb.jpg

post-5441-125770921426_thumb.jpg

Edited by rickeyfro

I do like you style. notworthy.gif I'm interested to know what tools you are using for this pattern. I am at this time experimenting with an engraver to tool my final pattern.

:notworthy::notworthy: Awesome work Rick! I have never made a bike seat so.....do you usually dye the seat after carving and lacing her up? I R Ignorant! :red_bandana:

Edited by Storm

Great looking seat.

No clue what color it needs to be, I say saddle tan because thats one of my new favorite colors lol.

Fist thing real nice work on the seat !! It would look real neat if it was done in seprate colors. Then do a light oil finish, but that would take a long time. Personally i don't care for dye because it covers up the nice work you have done. In the end it's up to you. Thanks for sharing.

I do like you style. notworthy.gif I'm interested to know what tools you are using for this pattern. I am at this time experimenting with an engraver to tool my final pattern.

Mike, not a whole lot of tools used on this, an assortment of Barry King Bevelers, a Barry King Border stamp and a Hidecrafter Pebbler

:notworthy::notworthy: Awesome work Rick! I have never made a bike seat so.....do you usually dye the seat after carving and lacing her up? I R Ignorant! :red_bandana:

Thanks Storm, I usually dye the leathers before assembly, just waiting for a decision to be made on this one

Great looking seat.

No clue what color it needs to be, I say saddle tan because thats one of my new favorite colors lol.

Im leaning with you Max, customer seems to want to have some colors added. still waiting for decision

Fist thing real nice work on the seat !! It would look real neat if it was done in seprate colors. Then do a light oil finish, but that would take a long time. Personally i don't care for dye because it covers up the nice work you have done. In the end it's up to you. Thanks for sharing.

I agree on the no dye, I prefer a sheridan type finish on something this heavily tooled, but customer is siding with you, he's wanting red and black in there. Still waiting

Something that looks really cool and I like it better with browns then anything but looks good with black and red is dye the underlying lighter color then use the cotton shirt stuffed with cotton balls to take a darker color dye and skim over the top. When I do this with browns it usually is a saddle tan or tan underlayer and then a dark brown over layer.

I have played with this with the red and black (actually ox blood and black) where the red went down first and then the high areas were black. Looks pretty slick.

Heres a pic of a practice piece that I played with. Just getting a feel for the colors. Could of used a couple more layers of black but just wanted to see how it would look. Sorry about the crummy pic but you get the idea.

black and red 002.JPG

post-5781-125771917151_thumb.jpg

Edited by MADMAX22

That seat is :censored2: awesome! I love everything about it!

I would do everything in my power to convince your customer to leave it natural! NO COLOR!

That's just my opinion!

That seat is :censored2: awesome! I love everything about it!

I would do everything in my power to convince your customer to leave it natural! NO COLOR!

That's just my opinion!

Thanks Troy, Im trying believe me

Great Looking Seat!

Great Looking Seat!

Thanks, talked the customer into a Sheridan finish, will post pics if I ever get some sunshine

Decideed on just oil and antique, a few touchups and some neetlac and it'll be ready to go

IMG_1185.JPG

post-5441-125825003425_thumb.jpg

It looks excellent, just rember the touch ups and it'll be totally supernice looking.

Good thing you got the customer to choose the right type of finish colours for it.

Tom

It looks excellent, just rember the touch ups and it'll be totally supernice looking.

Good thing you got the customer to choose the right type of finish colours for it.

Tom

Thanks Tom

Thats a great lookin seat. I don;t want to be a devils advocate but why is Jester misspelled?

Thats a great lookin seat. I don;t want to be a devils advocate but why is Jester misspelled?

Customers last name is Jeter