dI have some of the Tandy antique stain in various colors. My personal favorite is the SADDLE TAN

I hit a wrong button and didn't finish the question. The saddle tan stain that I have has thickened up a lot and I would like to find out if there is something to thin it with other than the Tandy stain thinner. I hate to have to order a $5 bottle of thinner and have to pay $10 or $11 dollars shipping. Plus the Tandy is only about 80 miles away, but because of where it is in Charlotte N.C. it's about a 2+ hr. drive. Any ideas/help will be greatly appreciated. Later Billy P

That's what I was thinking too. I have always mixed Fiebings antique with Tan Kote to thin it down some. You might try that.

Yes, Tan-Cote works great for thinning Antique Stain - first heard of it from a Tandy store manager. It helped me restore soem old, dried-up stain back to usable condition.

I have thinned some of the dye with alcohol. You could try a small sample on a scrap of leather.

Many thanks to everyone who replied to my question. I do think that I have a bottle of Tan Kote, if not I'll order that. Again many thanks Billy P

I know this is years after the original posting, but if ever searched again ... rolleyes2.gif

Being that it's Tandy, isn't their antique Eco-Flo which is water based? blink.gif

So ... wouldn't the dried/thickened antique be able to be thinned by adding a little water (very little at a time) until the consistency is same as the factory's original thickness? dunno.gif