I'm sure this has been covered, but I can't seem to get the "And" feature to work with the search engine, so I just get a lot of posts with the word Shoe, or Polish, or Antique - but none with all the words used in the same post/thread...

Anyway, can you use shoe polish for antiquing leather?

What is a suitable top finish that is compatible with shoe polish? I'm making coasters, and would like to buy stuff locally. I assume some sort of spray acrylic finish would work for the final top coat, but wanted to make sure...

I've already tooled the leather, and applied two coats of Tandy Satin Sheen. Do I need to do anything else before I antique them? Perhaps a third coat of satin sheen for good measure...?

I've already tooled the leather, and applied two coats of Tandy Satin Sheen. Do I need to do anything else before I antique them? Perhaps a third coat of satin sheen for good measure...?

No third coat should be necessary just a bunch of patience, put it aside to dry and forget about it fot the next +24 hours before applying the antique (this will let the satin/super shene to dry to prevent streaking=wasted leather)

Good luck//Tina