Sign in to follow this  
Double U Leather

Pocket Notebook Covers

Here's 1 of 20 of these that this outfit commissioned me to make. They are laser engraved. Not alot of tooling, but good golly it felt like several miles of beveling. I smelled like the Ben Gay poster boy after finishing the bevelling process. Anyway, the pics stink but the product turned out nice. Let me know what you think.

104_3673_edited.jpg

104_3674_edited.jpg

104_3675_edited.jpg

post-7660-126213812813_thumb.jpg

post-7660-126213813476_thumb.jpg

post-7660-126213814129_thumb.jpg

Very Nice! I especially like the work on the lettering but clean all the way round!! Good One!

Storm

You're pretty fortunate to get to do an order for an outfit like that!! Sounds like you would have had an easier time using a push beveller on them, or maybe even Jeremiah Watt's wheel beveller. Both tools are designed for straight lines.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Elton, I thought about a push beveller but there were a couple drawbacks. 1) I don't have one. 2)Umm.....refer to A. LOL

I was fortunate to land the gig however. I've got some people on the inside, so that helped. Hopefully, they'll order more.

Edited by leatherrookie

Now I like this idea. I always seem to have a couple of those notebooks floating around in the truck. Did you gouge the fold line? They look Great!!

Thanks Welder.....no I didn't gouge the fold line. The leather is 3-4 oz. premium HO, and is fairly soft and pliable while still being sturdy enough to no be floppy. After they were completed, I simply folded them and they stay folded.....no rubber hammering on the fold, no gouging, no nothing. It was a very nice piece of the leather. Thanks for the compliments.

Looks like a really nice business card to go along with a great project!

Thanks King.....I wish I could leave that business card in the projects since it's mine!!! Unfortunately, they are going to put their own cards in them advertising their bull sale.