leatherpoker

Stamping Stone?

Thanks to everyone regarding my question about stamping stones. I have been able to pick up an 18" x 18" x 3.5" sawcut slab of granite. (almost perfectly smooth! already) I have a line on polishing equipment to borrow so should be able to "shine" up one side.

I just returned from a road trip from Vancouver, BC to Milwaukee, Wi through the states and unfourtunatley Sheridan Wyoming was closed when I went through, was able to peek in the windows of "King's Saddelry" and other establishments to see some of the fine work and antique saddles. WOW I could spend a week there! and will soon!

R

A friend could only get a 1" thick marble slab and wanted it thicker. He then embedded the thin marble in a thick slab of concrete that is mounted in his bench. He says it is very solid and works fine.

Barra

Edited by barra

I got a sink cut out from a counter top maker for free. 1 1/4" granite works great.

Just in case any of you folks are in need of a granite slab and you happen to live in the south eastern Texas area, one of the local funeral homes in my area has a massive stockpile of granite stones they are trying to get rid of. They just want rid of them, so they are giving them away at no charge.

They will not ship them period, due to the cost issue. If you plan to drive down to say Houston, its only about another hour south to their location.

I got a 4 1/2" (H) x 12 1/2" (W) x 36 1/2" (L) polished top granite headstone base for myself free of charge (well other than the gas I ran out going to get it). The area they have the stock is about 10' wide by about 40' long, so if you need one and you are willing to drive to get it, they got plenty to choose from and they are neatly stacked so you can pretty much look them over to find the one you want.

If interested, let me know and I'll send you the info.