Sign in to follow this  
DCKNIVES

Swivel Frog?

Has anyone seen or made a swivel frog.I have a custom order for a very unique custom weapon.I'll get a pic later when I recieve it.It has an 18"curved blade with a 30" carbon fiber handle. The customer wants to belt mount it and swivel forward to draw.I will also be adding a Baldric to this.Thanks.Dave

I haven't ever made anything like that, but it almost sounds as though you would have to make a button-and-slot type of mechanism for that. I'll be very interested to see what you come up with.

~Noah

Edited by NoahL

Thanks, that is one of the ideas I was thinking about ,but I my want something more substantial.Dave

here's a pic of the beast,

WMD.jpg

Dave - Ask Sandy - I know he's made swivel holsters. He sent me a couple of the swivels and I've never used them - if he doesn't have any more let me know and I'll see if I can find them. They are basically an over size rivet type deal with a large head, a thick shank, and then a thinner shank that gets riveted over a large washer.

Thanks Chuck, will do.Dave