Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Square Coasters

As I don't have a clinker or anyplace to put on I decided to make up some square coasters ala "Particle" Tandy has these nifty saddle skirting bellies on sale right now for $4.99 each.  I created a pattern to do my layout prior to cutting. Out of the two bellies I was able to get 27 of the 3.5"x3.5" costers. So head on down to your local Tandy shop and get some bellies.  Great value for money.

Thanks again for the thought Eric. Also check out Erics blog site at:

http://particlerealities.blogspot.com/

I worked as an architectural designer and illustrator for over 23 years and I have to tell you that Eric's work is super fine. :clapping:

Storm

Edited by Storm

nice work storm.....loving the leaf the best!

Thanks Storm for the compliments! I love the colors of your coasters. Have you seen what these things sell for?? Definitely a good product to add to one's catalog... In fact, my mom and step-mom both wanted to buy a set, and I totally forgot till now! I think coasters are the perfect practice piece, especially when you consider being able to sell them when you're done!

And thanks for the link to my blog! I haven't updated it in a while as I changed jobs in October of 2008. I don't get the opportunity to do many 3D renderings anymore, but that's a result of the slowdown in the economy.

I think your coasters turned out awesome!

Edited by particle

Beautiful work as always, Storm! I love the coloring. What did you use?

Wish I had more time for working on my projects...

Looks Great!

Beautiful work as always, Storm! I love the coloring. What did you use?

Wish I had more time for working on my projects...

Hi Hilly,

I used EcoFlo "Prairie Tan" on the first round and then EcoFlo Gel Antique"Saddle Tan" in the second go round. The Black was a good old Angelus Spirit Dye. That dye works exceedingly well and I apply after the other dyes. Top off with Dr. Jackson's Spray Water Protector.

I liked the idea of the saddle skirting as it is beefy and readily cut with a razor knife. I have a set of six with a San Carlos border and a second set of 6 in mixed oak leaf patterns almost finished.

Edited by Storm