Here's a couple photos of a belt I just finished. It's black alligator, 1-1/2" wide, tooled billets and finger cut lining. The keeper is still a little dark but I think it will lighten up to match. All comments welcome as always!!!

Bobby

006-1S(L).JPG036 S(L).JPG

post-7682-126449759283_thumb.jpg

post-7682-126449759404_thumb.jpg

Here's a couple photos of a belt I just finished. It's black alligator, 1-1/2" wide, tooled billets and finger cut lining. The keeper is still a little dark but I think it will lighten up to match. All comments welcome as always!!!

Bobby

006-1S(L).JPG036 S(L).JPG

That is a good lookin belt. I have a question on your finger cuts do you have a pattern or do you just free hand it? Second question when you do an inlat likee this do you you have the inlay go all the way to the edge of the belt? If it goes all the way to the edge does it effect your burnishing? Thanks for all of your good work and the knowledge your always willing to share.

Another top notch belt from you...

Love the overall look/design, it's always a pleasure seeing your work Bob You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

You must have the patience of a saint. Beautiful job, Hidepounder!

Is that alligator a rolled edge, or burnished in?

Bobby,

Another great looking belt. I am guessing from the lining initials, it might be yours?

That is a good lookin belt. I have a question on your finger cuts do you have a pattern or do you just free hand it? Second question when you do an inlat likee this do you you have the inlay go all the way to the edge of the belt? If it goes all the way to the edge does it effect your burnishing? Thanks for all of your good work and the knowledge your always willing to share.

I make a pattern that has the main cut. I trace or draw it on and then fill in the secondary cuts freehand. This belt is overlaid and the edge of the alligator burnishes.

You must have the patience of a saint. Beautiful job, Hidepounder!

Is that alligator a rolled edge, or burnished in?

It's burnished in. I skive the edge down real thin and then burnish it.

Bobby,

Another great looking belt. I am guessing from the lining initials, it might be yours?

HaHa...nothing gets by you, Bruce! My old belt shrunk so bad I couldn't wear it anymore. Now that I think of it, so did my clothes.....hmmmm!!!!

Amazing work again, thank you for sharing.

Bob

As always WONDERFUL work! ! ! ! Keep posting those pics, I've got something to strive for. maybe in my next tooling life.

Good luck in Elko

Tim