Sign in to follow this  
Butch

First Sheridan

Here's a plaque that I made for work for the team that I work with.

It's my first shot at carving Sheridan. I wanted to dye all of the background black, but I had a hard enough time just dying what I did.

Plaque_7.JPG

post-5743-1207521337_thumb.jpg

Very nice, th backgrounding looks very consistent and even. I like the plaque aswell. Floral is untouched area for me so I leave that to someone with more expertis.

Tom

Butch, Nice job... I know very well what you were feeling... Background dying takes a L O N G time!

It's amazing how many hours you can pass doing one small project! Imagine a saddle! :head_hurts_kr:

Very nice Butch:-)

A small tip for you.

This piece will not have any wear and tear on it, how about using leather paint instead of dye to the background? I do that a lot on easy wear stuff and it comes out great and much much easier to control...Just my 2 cents:-)

Thanks for all of the comments.

Tina, I'll try the paint and see how it goes on the next one I make.

Thanks again to all.

Not a bad start, you'll soon find your projects speeding up and your eye and skill advancing, you'll look back and see how you've progressed. Keep up the good work,it pays off! You'll find short cuts for the staining and dying, (It's not hard, just takes time, patients and practice.) and before you know it you'll be puttin' out great work. (Especially if that is an example of your first project.)

Grumpyguy