Here are a couple pics of my first two sheaths. The larger one is my first, and as you can see, I never even really finished it. It was mostly for exparimentation, and about half way through I was not digging it, so I just folded the top over quiclkly, glued it, and stitched it. It will still work for a user outdoor sheath, but I think my second one came out much better. I may try some tooling on the next one.

The big one is the half completed first one:

HAndmadeSheaths001.jpg

My first one:

HAndmadeSheaths002.jpg

My second one:

HAndmadeSheaths003.jpg

HAndmadeSheaths004.jpg

Any feedback/advice is appreciated.

-Joe

I don't have any advice but they look very nice, especially considering they are your first couple. I have made a couple recently and each one required that i start over twice to make one good one. Keep up the good work.

GERAT LOOKING SHEATHS... what is your M O to get the edges so smothe and slick..

I really like that second one. Nice work. You learned a lot from making the first one and put that knowledge to good use. :)

GERAT LOOKING SHEATHS... what is your M O to get the edges so smothe and slick..

Thanks everyone.

On the edges, I dremel them with a sanding drum to get them exactly even, bevel them, then dye them. After the dye is dry, I just wet the edge with a little water, and I actually just used the wood handle of my stitch wheel to burnish with. I read somewhere here that water will work just fine, and I have to second that.

Edited by Jerkeejoe

nice sheaths, keep em coming !