Sign in to follow this  
esantoro

Replacement For Singer 29-4 Patcher

I'm trying to help out a Russian cobbler in repairing and replacing some old Singer machines. Might anyone have a lead on a Singer 29-4 patcher with 360 degree rotating presser foot? Artisan has a machine with rotating presser foot for around $1700. I was thinking it might be possible to pick up a similar machine for around $700.

Thanks

Ed

P1000648.JPG

P1000650.JPG

P1000649.JPG

post-853-126541689978_thumb.jpg

post-853-126541691957_thumb.jpg

post-853-126541693616_thumb.jpg

I have a Singer patcher and i think it's a 29-4. I'll check tomorrow and make sure.

I'm trying to help out a Russian cobbler in repairing and replacing some old Singer machines. Might anyone have a lead on a Singer 29-4 patcher with 360 degree rotating presser foot? Artisan has a machine with rotating presser foot for around $1700. I was thinking it might be possible to pick up a similar machine for around $700.

Thanks

Ed

I have an Adler 30-1 patcher - I just listed it for sale in the sale forum. It is very similar to the 29-4, but it has a longer cylinder arm. It would probably be too expensive to ship though...

29-4s are frequently on ebay - but I think Bob Kovar has one listed for sale here on the forum. You would be better dealing with a reputable dealer like him than getting one on ebay - the 29-4s can get worn out and rickety - with wearable parts that aren't replaceable. The 29k series would probably be a better bet as they improved the design somewhat (IMHO) and sections of the cylinder arm can be replaced.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info. I told my acquaintance about your Adler 30-1. He might be interested. He has asked me further questions.

1. Is it a long arm? I believe you mention that it is.

2. Does it take a small or large bobbin? He prefers large bobbin, but a long arm is the most important.

3. I know that you are selling the head and stand. Does it also come with a motor?

Thanks,

Ed

I have an Adler 30-1 patcher - I just listed it for sale in the sale forum. It is very similar to the 29-4, but it has a longer cylinder arm. It would probably be too expensive to ship though...

29-4s are frequently on ebay - but I think Bob Kovar has one listed for sale here on the forum. You would be better dealing with a reputable dealer like him than getting one on ebay - the 29-4s can get worn out and rickety - with wearable parts that aren't replaceable. The 29k series would probably be a better bet as they improved the design somewhat (IMHO) and sections of the cylinder arm can be replaced.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info. I told my acquaintance about your Adler 30-1. He might be interested. He has asked me further questions.

1. Is it a long arm? I believe you mention that it is.

2. Does it take a small or large bobbin? He prefers large bobbin, but a long arm is the most important.

3. I know that you are selling the head and stand. Does it also come with a motor?

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed,

1. It is a long-arm - the arm is 18" - the 29-4 I think is 12"

2. It takes small bobbin - same one as the the 29-4. Many of the parts on the 29-4 are interchangeable - but not all.

3. It doesn't have a motor- it is on a foot-powered treadle stand. It wouldn't be too difficult to hook a motor up to it, but I don't have one.

I put some pictures up in the sale forum. Let me know if you want some more pics - I am going to try to get some video of sewing soon.

Dave

Edited by nuncanunca

Thanks

Ed

I have an Adler 30-7 for sale in the forsale forum for $950 with treadle stand. Sews beautifully. rob@cobalttn.com I have pictures. It is a long arm, no motor.