I managed to stumble across this site the other day and registered. Hopefully you folks will answer questions I have about my leather working. I make custom knives and work primarily in damascus steel. I started making my own sheaths since being able to claim sole authorship of an item is important to me. I will put up a couple of pics of some of my recent work. Let me know what you think folks!

IMG_0830 small.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

post-13623-126594259135_thumb.jpg

post-13623-126594262763_thumb.jpg

Very nice work on the sheaths. The knives are drop dead gorgeous.

The execution is very well done, on both knives and sheaths. My only concern with the sheaths would be the pointy bits. I have a feeling that over time these will most likely begin to bend and dog-ear and this will take away from the good work you've done.

Bronson

As I asked another poster, have you considered a couple of rivets placed in such a fashion that would prevent the blade from cutting through the stitching through wear or an accidental fall? Yuor knives are very beautiful. o you have a web site?

I did consider using copper rivets at one point in time. Actually made a couple of sheaths with them and just did not like the looks really. I use a heavy welt inside to protect the threads from being cut and to date they seem to protect the thread very well (and these knives are scary sharp too). I used to have a web site but let it go. It was not generating any sales and I decided to save $120 a year cost.

I have used several different patterns for sheaths and keep coming back to the curvy pointy style. I guess I just like the design really. To date I haven't had any complaints about the corners wearing. I think the look just screams custom design (but then what the heck do I know?).

Very very nice knives and sheaths. Have you considered sewing the entire sheath? I, for one, really like visible thread. Just my 2 cents.

" Have you considered sewing the entire sheath? I, for one, really like visible thread"

Showing off my ignorance here I'm not sure I know what you mean? Could you explain or post a pic of something? I'm always willing to learn something!

" Have you considered sewing the entire sheath? I, for one, really like visible thread"

Showing off my ignorance here I'm not sure I know what you mean? Could you explain or post a pic of something? I'm always willing to learn something!

No, no not ignorance, just a thought. Your "grooved" line around the edge at the top of the sheath. I know this involves extra sewing and work, but you might try and see what you think, and even sewing the belt loop around the grooved line.

Once again, your work, knives and sheath, is beautiful.

IMG_0830_small (162 x 218).jpg

post-12634-126611227205_thumb.jpg

Edited by BillinOK

AWESOME KNIFE AND SHEATH....