I am wondering if there is difference in Super Sheen and Acrylic Resolene or if its just two different brand names for the same thing. If there is a difference, what is the better one? Thanks

They are both an acrylic finish and both made by Fiebings. Resolene just happens to be the oldest of the acrylic finishes.

The amount of light reflection (gloss) is probably the only difference.

Edited by Studio-N

I believe they're one in the same. For a while, the only one available in spray form was Resolene -- so that may be why some folks picked one over the other.

Unless I missed it in the literature, . . . Resolene has a UV blocker built into it's formula that Sheen does not have.

That should make your projects that will get a lot of outdoor activity, . . . a little less susceptible to harm from direct sunlight.

It is the reason I use Resolene instead of Sheen, . . . other than the fact that I can get THE finish I want with a paint brush and Resolene, . . . and not necessarily so with Sheen.

May God bless,

Dwight