tazzmann

Great Deal and a new customer

I was surfing around on Craigslist a few days ago and saw an ad for some leather working tools. After a few emails, I picked up these last night. The good part is they are mostly all CS Osborne tools and the total cost: $80.00!

The lady said that they were her grandfather's tool who passed away recently and she didn't want them to go to waste. She was actually entertaining thoughts of some other offers for more $$$'s, but when I originally contacted her, the link to my web site was in the email. She went to the site and took a look around and decided the tools were going to me with a caveat... I would have to make her a new belt along with the $80. I said "Cool, no problem". Now, I haven't even started HER belt and she sends me an email this morning stating she has gotten me 8 more orders for belts from her girlfriends!

So, it looks like I will have some work to do with at least SOME of the new tools and some new customers. Talking about a good day. :)

GoodDeal.jpg

post-5650-1207928596_thumb.jpg

Wow - that is so cool, congratulations! There are some really nice people out there! :thumbsup:

Way to go tazzman!..

Who says there ain't no karma!.

:thumbsup:

Congrats Tazz!

I have a purse to make soon, I wish I wish I wish!

Really happy for ya' and enjoy the beltmaking!

Tom

Really Happy for you Tazz, that's a very nice story to tell your grandkids one day, "There is nice people out there" :-)

Another score...

I have a friend of mine who does a LOT of garage sale shopping and she called me up last night and said she found some "tools" for me and that I needed to come take a look at them. So I took a short trip to her house and started looking at a bunch of leather tools. Mostly craftool stamp of varying age. Some stamps LOOKED like crafttool stamps but was not stamped with "Craftool" or have any number OR letter designations. Some had white with oxidation on the handle but not on the business end. Then something really odd caught my eye...

Down towards the bottom was a swivel knife with about a 1/4" barrel. What really struck me as odd was the long blade it had. When I picked it up, I noticed that the blade was non-removable. I then started looking at the saddle and saw that it was marked as CS Osborne. This is the first time I personally have seen a swivel knife with a non-removable blade. Does anyone have more information on this knife?

There were also a few other cs osborne tools, some scraps of Bear hide with fur, latigo straps, some rulers and all. I asked her how much she wanted for everything and she said $50. I told her "sold" and I will pick them up tonight. :)

Now I have no excuse not to get some projects done!