Big Steve

Leather Paint

hey can anyone tell me how best to do white letter/detail on black leather. cheers

xmas 09 003.jpgSteve i dye up to the lettering with black, then use cova white to dye the lettering

then apply 3 coats of satin sheen to all surface of the belt then use fiebings antique black and wipe it off and what remains is in the depressions around the lettering.

post-1906-126920900072_thumb.jpg

xmas 09 003.jpgSteve i dye up to the lettering with black, then use cova white to dye the lettering

then apply 3 coats of satin sheen to all surface of the belt then use fiebings antique black and wipe it off and what remains is in the depressions around the lettering.

Luke, thanks for the reply, the reason i ask is that some time ago i did seat seat for a Harley Deuce with playing cards tooled into it, i used Fiebings white dye wth a resolene top coat it looked good until it was used

and then it started to come off, have never done it since but i have to use white again this time I will use your method. I am new to this site and computers are not my strong point so if i get

things wrong be petient, but i have found loads of info from this site and thanks to all who contribute to it.

I to have a web site if you or anyone would care to take a look and pass any comments good or bad it would help me to improve my skill level it is www.bigsteves.co.uk

onc again thanks for your help.

Regards, Steve.

Steve we strive to help. Nice looking web site.

If i were going to do the white on a seat, and you being a painter.

In the U S , at the shoe repair shops there is a Paint that comes in an aresol spray can

Meltonian...Nu-Life ColorSpray..

The again you might want to experiment with some Lacuqor Paint.

Now be prepared to do a lot of masking with tape.

this would be a better white than the acrylic......hope this helps you.

Steve we strive to help. Nice looking web site.

If i were going to do the white on a seat, and you being a painter.

In the U S , at the shoe repair shops there is a Paint that comes in an aresol spray can

Meltonian...Nu-Life ColorSpray..

The again you might want to experiment with some Lacuqor Paint.

Now be prepared to do a lot of masking with tape.

this would be a better white than the acrylic......hope this helps you.

Hi Luke , I have seen this in shops in UK will give it a go if i get the job, thanks for your help again.

Steve.