BillinOK

Notebook Spring Clips

I am trying to find a supplier for the spring notebook clips. I make alot of law enforcement citation (ticket) books. I have been buying the clip boards from a dollar store. They are cheap made. These clips need to be about 5 inches wide and open wide enough to hold a ticket book. I have looked everywhere online and cannot find just the clip by itself. Anyone know of a supplier that has these?

try...

https://www.hearlihy...=20&c=0&t=0&l=0

Not exactly wholesale prices, but google pointed me to a few other places too.

Edited by BustedThumb

try...

https://www.hearlihy...=20&c=0&t=0&l=0

Not exactly wholesale prices, but google pointed me to a few other places too.

Thankyou so much! I have looked everywhere (I thought) for these. Those are the ones.

Yes thank you for posting that link. I made myself a ticket book several years ago, (very basic) it was my first leather tooling project ever ! (as you can see from the photo) and I recycled a ticket book that I had for years. I want to make a few for some of the guys at work and have been trying to find a source. Those are the very ones that I was looking for too.

Billin, could you post photos of some of your work on ticket books. I would like to see some of your work.

Also what do you use for the backing that prevents the writing pressure to going through to the pages below. The old ticket book, I recycled had a thin piece of metal that was used. I have looked for something that was stiff enough, but not too thick to do the same, any ideas.

Thanks

DSCF4480.JPG

post-14153-126948957558_thumb.jpg

Edited by RLong830

The ticket books that I have been making lately are made from light skirting. Yes it's a little heavy, but the officers love them. They have their names and their badge (thanks to Jeff at Grey Ghost Graphics) on them. I have a set price and anything extra, costs extra (such as tooling and designs). The badge is a little hard to see. I have a 4 ton press that I have to use to get a good impression of the badge, but due to the size and detail of the badge stamp, it doesn't show real good. The books have an inside pocket on each side of the book. Inside the pockets is a 1/8" board (cut up notebook from the dollar store). This gives the firmness that I and the others needed for the citation book. As far as writing the citation, they have to use the cardboard that came with the citation book itself or some of them get a very thin piece of aluminum or plexiglass. Haven't heard any complaints on that yet. I only have pics of the ticket book closed. If you need to see the inside, let me know and I will post a pic. Sorry the pics aren't the greatest.

ticketbook2 (968 x 648).jpg

ticketbookalicia (660 x 993).jpg

ticketbookjesse (660 x 993).jpg

post-12634-126955048233_thumb.jpg

post-12634-126955072679_thumb.jpg

post-12634-126955075268_thumb.jpg

Edited by BillinOK