Sign in to follow this  
bigo5552000

Glock 17 = Glock 21 ?

will a glock 21 fit in a holster made with a glock 17 blue gun?? kinda need help fast! have a customer waiting!

thanks

In a word no. The 21 is a larger frame weapon.

will a glock 21 fit in a holster made with a glock 17 blue gun?? kinda need help fast! have a customer waiting!

thanks

I own both a G17 and a 10mm G20 (G20 is the same frame as a 21), so I'm not guessing here. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the G21 is a bigger gun. The G20 & 21 are larger frame pistols, and won't fit in a g17 holster.

Take a look at the dimensions for these pistols published by Glock and you can confirm for yourself.

http://www.glock.com...dex_pistols.htm

Take care,

Lance

thanks guys!

Glock 17 = Glock 22

Several glocks that I know of are the same frame. The 21 is different.

Glock 26/27/33

Glock 17/22/31

Glock 19/23/32

from the glock website.. Glock 21: length of slide 7.59 inches, width 1.27 inches

Glock 17: length of slide 7.32 inches, width 1.18 inches

Mold to the 17, leave a a shade over 1/4 inch extra at the muzzle, and tell the customer you recommend damp molding the holster to his/her exact weapon. If the holster is going to be snug enough to not need a retaining strap, then the buyer should be just giddy over how tight it fits. (call it a break in period)

Mold to the 17, leave a a shade over 1/4 inch extra at the muzzle, and tell the customer you recommend damp molding the holster to his/her exact weapon. If the holster is going to be snug enough to not need a retaining strap, then the buyer should be just giddy over how tight it fits. (call it a break in period)

With all respect Twin Oaks, I'm not so sure that is good advice. If Big O actually does this, I think one of two things will happen - Either the customer won't even be able to cram the G21 into the holster at all, or, if he actually manages to get it in the thing will be stuck in there so tight he won't be able to draw it out of there quickly when he needs it. Looking at the dimension numbers is one thing, but holding the two pistols in hand is another. The G21 really is a bigger gun!

I am a total beginner at holster making (as is the OP), but I have alot of experience in the use and EDC of pistols. As an experienced gunleather customer who has $1000's worth of leather in the holster "junk drawer", I can say that if a maker ever gave me the above advice, I would immediately find another maker who was willing to make the modest investment in a blue gun so that they could do it right.

As a gunleather customer, I think Big O should first get the wrinkles ironed out of his designs before selling his wares. Then if he is ever confronted with an order to make a holster for a pistol he does not have an exact mold for (either real gun or blue gun), he should do one of the following...

• Refer the customer to another maker who can do it right.
or

• Tell the customer the wait time will be slightly longer, and then buy a blue gun so he can do it right.

My .02

Several glocks that I know of are the same frame. The 21 is different.

Glock 26/27/33

Glock 17/22/31

Glock 19/23/32

I'm looking at the dimensions on the Glock website and the G38 & G25 are also the same as the Glock 19/23/32 listed above. The only reason I mention this is that I only have a Glock 19 dummy and it is my understanding that it would work for all those models.

I'm looking at the dimensions on the Glock website and the G38 & G25 are also the same as the Glock 19/23/32 listed above. The only reason I mention this is that I only have a Glock 19 dummy and it is my understanding that it would work for all those models.

It would work. Its the same frame gun, just different calibers. Although; the .380 cal Glock isn't available here in the states (as far as I know), and the .45 GAP is pretty rare just because it's an oddball caliber, so your odds of encountering either are slim.

Nevertheless, anytime you make a holster for a "G19" you are making a holster for any 'compact' frame Glock. Also, if it's an open muzzle design , that same holster will also fit a 'standard' frame Glock too (as long as it is not a 10mm or a .45 ACP), the barrel will just poke out a bit. Any 'subcompact' Glock (as long as it is not a 10mm or a .45 ACP) will fit in it also, it just won't take up the whole length.

The oddballs in the Glock family are the 10mm's and the .45 ACP's, which use a bigger fatter frame..... with the exception of the G36, a .45 ACP pistol which actually uses a smaller frame because of it's single stack magazine.

Edited by olliesrevenge