Because you don't actually have a domain name Google doesn't rank your site like the others. You could improve the site with more descriptions and smaller-in-file-size pics. The page took a long time to load on my fast cable connection. If you don't feel like doing the upgrade yourself, PM CitizenKate for a quote.

Johanna

What do you think of my web site? Lone Wolf Holsters

I have had it up for a year now. Do you think I should make any improvements to it?

Because you don't actually have a domain name Google doesn't rank your site like the others. You could improve the site with more descriptions and smaller-in-file-size pics. The page took a long time to load on my fast cable connection. If you don't feel like doing the upgrade yourself, PM CitizenKate for a quote.

Johanna

Yeah I need to stop being cheap and get it hosted some place. I will have to work on that tonight. I will also fix the pictures. Thanks for the feedback.

In addition to what Johanna said, here are my observations.

I was a little disconcerted when I arrived on your site, since there were no pictures and almost no text. I kept wondering if there were things that were supposed to be loading, but weren't. (May I suggest either some small pictures representative of your line or more text letting me know about the wonderful work you do... or both. Along with instructions to click the Products link to see detailed information about what you offer.)

A picture of you and your shop (or bench) goes a long way toward making me (and the rest of the world) comfortable that you are a real person (and not some unreliable internet scammer.) I would suggest putting it on the front page. (Think of it as if you had a retail store and when someone walked in, you would look up from your bench and greet them. Let your home page and picture do that. It can be brief, but help me know I found the right place when I walk in, as it were.) Also, put the picture of you on your About Us page. (And as Johanna said, keep the file sizes small so they load fast.)

The photos of the holsters are clear but fairly small. And as you shrink the file sizes, the clarity will suffer. You might consider making the photos clickable (as a link to another page) with a larger picture by itself on the page.... or the entire write-up also on the page with a larger photo (copy/paste makes that easy). That will let me study it to see if it fits what I have in mind.

The wording on your Belts page could use more explanation as to why I need a gun belt instead of a Target special. You might even want to try to sell me a holster and a belt as a "system" or a combo.

It appears from your photos and wording that the holsters only come in black. If other colors are an option, you might want to mention that they are available. (Down the road, photos showing off the different colors would be good... simply take a picture of them before you ship them.)

In general, you need to periodically look at the website through the viewpoint of your "ideal customer". I realize that is very hard to do... but it is worth the effort. You might also ask for feedback from your site visitors and customers, themselves. A simple "Do you have suggestions on how I could make this site better for you? Email me at ..... I would love to hear from you." may get you additional ideas. You don't have to implement them, but at least consider them.

I hope this helps. If you have trouble with the wording, I am a fair wordsmith and would be happy to suggest some specifics.

John

What do you think of my web site? Lone Wolf Holsters

I have had it up for a year now. Do you think I should make any improvements to it?

+1 To the other suggestions.

I have another. When you get a domain make sure you have meta words and names if applicable.

Everyone should take note when building a website. If you use the same word more than three times in your Meta Text, the Robots will pass you by.

The first nine words (average) on your main page is what the robots read. Then they check to see if you have any Links to other sites. That has another quirk, You need to ask, and hopefully get folks that own the sites you linked to, to reciprocate, the robots check that also.

All the search engine lists etc. are for the most part hogwash. Save your money for tools. If you follow the main rules your site will get listed in the top 10 or so in three months minimum. Improve your site at least once per week.

If there are no improvements, the robots will ignore your site therefore placing it further down the list when someone is searching.

Your product looks nice although limited for a full line.

BTW: I think your product pricing is too low, you aren't making any money.

I forgot to mention, you should make your photos on your web site about 3 1/2 to 4 inches in height and 4 to 6 inches wide if applicable.

Photos should be 72 pixels per inch. If you include thumb prints make them about 120 X 120 pixels.

ferg

Edited by 50 years leather