TTcustom

I Made Some New Tools For Me

As the date draws near for the delivery of my saddle tree I made myself a bouncer out of a porcelain door knob I bought. I liked the results so I bought some more knobs and made another example.

Bouncers 01.jpg

Bouncers 02.jpg

Bouncers 03.jpg

Bouncers 04.jpg

post-11332-127229303106_thumb.jpg

post-11332-127229303789_thumb.jpg

post-11332-127229304676_thumb.jpg

post-11332-127229305713_thumb.jpg

SWEET!! That amber stripped one caught my eye!! If your selling it shoot me a PM!

Where did you pick up your knobs at?

Tal~

Great Job!!

I love it when people make tools for themself. Some of the best innovations have come that way. Keep up the good work. Ed the"BearMan"

Thanks AZ09 and Ed!

I bought my knobs from here.

The walnut handle I turned on a metal lathe and I am not a woodworker but I was pleased with how it turned out. I used a copper plumbing union to disguise the transition between the handle and the knob. When I made the blue one I used old saddle skirting and punched out disks. I glued them up and with a bit of 3/8" threaded rod chucked up in my drill press turned it to shape. I turned the brass pommel on my lathe.

TT, Thanks for the link..Ive never come across a striped one like that one you have..

I've always found my "few"good knobs in 2nd hand type stores and yard sales here in the county. Never made real special handles for them. Usually Oak or Cherry wood scrap rounds I bum off a local cabinet maker After drilling I secure with a super set epoxy resin. The reason I dont have one nowis I tend to give things away to friends and people I meet that express interest.

Right now I use a couple of those " Hemingray"green or clear glass insulators used on the old wooden telephone pole cross ties. Make pretty nifty edge slickers to.

Here for visual of the different models

Tal~

They look cool............but, what's a bouncer?

Bobby

Careful with the insulator, some of those have become collectors items like $1,000 on up collector items. Found a site showing all of the rarer ones awhile back, and what they had sold for.