Thank you - that tells me what I needed to know. I built a belt for myself a while back, but it was entirely hand sewn. I haven't come across any tutorials showing start-to-finish on building a basic gun belt. Guess I'll make a video of it one of these days... that is, after I figure out exactly what I'm doing!! :)

Thanks again.

If it's anything like your Youtube video on holster making it is well anticipated!

What kind of industrial staples? I was thinking of brass but that would cut the cost buy inserting them by hand. Nice looking belt. I was making one like that with an oiled leather. Did you use contact cement?

The staples are to connect the ends of the keeper. I just use industrial staples and crimp them on with needle nose pliers. I make the holes for them with a stitching awl. Unfortunately, I can't upload any pictures right now. My computer went the way of the Dodo, and I have a temporary solution but the current computer I am using doesn't have a card reader, nor does my camera have a USB port.

Here is a picture that I already had that might give you an idea of what I was talking about with the buckle end.

DSCF0076.jpg