Sign in to follow this  

Well another belt under the belt lol.

This is for the girl that has the other belt I made a while back. She wanted the little bling but wanted black and dark with flowers and such so this is what I came up with.

I must say I hate black dye, Ive gotten spoiled with doing vinegaroon projects whenever I needed black. I should have just painted this one over a vinegaroon base would have been easier. Anyways the leaves are a couple of different greens, the flowers are a mix of warm colors over a yellow base (looked cool at first) and the background is black. I went over it with black antique to darken it up some. Still learning antiquing, Hand stitched. Tried to dye the stitching afterwards but wont do that again, way to hard to control the leak thru of the dye so I will stick to natural thread color or I will dye it before hand like I usually do.

Did try some new carving style, did a little inverted carving as I have not tried that before.

Thanks for looking and comments welcome.

flower belt 1.jpg

flowers pic 1.jpg

front tip 1.jpg

post-5781-127415744378_thumb.jpg

post-5781-127415745166_thumb.jpg

post-5781-127415745681_thumb.jpg

Looks good Max. You did well.

HI Corey;;

that worked well..I like the inverted tooling with the colors,, realy looks nice.. 2 ata boys on this one....Doc....

HI Corey;;

that worked well..I like the inverted tooling with the colors,, realy looks nice.. 2 ata boys on this one....Doc....

Thanks guys,

I think I need to carve out a bunch of little things and sit there and practice antiquing them. I really need to work on two areas, carving and finishing (colors). I do reasonably well at assembly, stitching and such but after that is where I need to practice more.