Sign in to follow this  
leatherman1457

Walnut Burnisher

Well had to make it. I have seen other people make them and I had to do it. the only differance is that i put a solid brass ferrule on it. Now I just need a worthy volunteer that is willing to to give me a personel review to see if these item will work. and one? and it needs to be someone that does edges and knows if it is good or bad.once I know if it is any good than i will start making them differens sizes and out of different woods.I will use cocobolo and bubinga woods. or a nice rosewood. I did it out of walnut because it was the first and If it did not come out I did not waste a piece of exotic that is a lot more expensive.. the shaft is 1/4 inch. and will fit on a standard drill. so let me know. I have tried it and i am very happy with it but I just need to see if it is a sellable object to all of you leatherworkers that is looking for a good tool. Gary

0518101110.jpg

post-12512-127420324043_thumb.jpg

Edited by leatherman1457

need a volunteer to try this item. must have project that is in need now . i do not want to donate it to a person that just wants it for there collection. I need someone that will use it asap and let me know if it is a useable tool. I tried it and i liked it but I am biased lol so i need someone who will tough on me. Gary

need a volunteer to try this item. must have project that is in need now . i do not want to donate it to a person that just wants it for there collection. I need someone that will use it asap and let me know if it is a useable tool. I tried it and i liked it but I am biased lol so i need someone who will tough on me. Gary

I'd be willing to try it. I anticipate making a bunch of dog collars for a charitable fundraiser starting this weekend.

I would volunteer if you don't have someone already. Good luck

Thanks everyone I already have two people that has volunteered for the burnishers. you snooze you lose. If they are up to par I will start selling them soon ,with hope. Gary