Sign in to follow this  
ct701996

Wade Saddle

Heres the first saddle i finished, i had some help, any kind of critiquing would help, Thanks, Bill

010.JPG

post-8023-127431878877_thumb.jpg

Edited by ct701996

Hi Bill,

I'm not going to critique it, but I am going to say that's a mighty fine looking saddle.

Butch

Bill,

Anyone that builds an 8 button loop seat for the first one has my respect. A couple things I see. Probably a preference, but I'd have dropped the back end of the rigging lower to not have the slot up into the rear jockey too. Depending on the bar pattern, you might have had to do that with the shallower skirts though. Seems like the holes I'd use the most on the back billets would be the second to the sixth up from the bottom. I am not sure a guy needs to have punched the top two for sure unless you have a pretty long back cinch and use it on all sizes of horses. Last thing would be to take a set of clippers and trim the wool sticking out around the edges. Otherwise, dang, for a first one this is great. Seat, finish, ear cuts, all look good.

Bill,

Anyone that builds an 8 button loop seat for the first one has my respect. A couple things I see. Probably a preference, but I'd have dropped the back end of the rigging lower to not have the slot up into the rear jockey too. Depending on the bar pattern, you might have had to do that with the shallower skirts though. Seems like the holes I'd use the most on the back billets would be the second to the sixth up from the bottom. I am not sure a guy needs to have punched the top two for sure unless you have a pretty long back cinch and use it on all sizes of horses. Last thing would be to take a set of clippers and trim the wool sticking out around the edges. Otherwise, dang, for a first one this is great. Seat, finish, ear cuts, all look good.

Thanks Butch, i should probably refrase this, i had a lot of help, the reason i did an 8 button seat is because me and the guy helping me finished fitting the seat and i had an oh sh#t moment, there was a small hole in the very front of the seat, otherwise it wouldnt have been an 8 button seat, if you look closely at the "loop seat" you will see that it is just a sewed in insert, i accidentaly cut out the whole plug instead of just the top and bottom, woops!!! but i was fairly pleased with the rest of it, thank you so much for the tips, brainless beginners like myself could use a lot more.

ct701996

i had an oh sh#t moment,

oh yeah I know about those!!blink.gif

I think we all do.

But, nice saddle just the same.