Deb59

Roundup Pattern

I visited the King Museum while in Sheridan this past week. I saw so much beautiful work. One of the things I saw was on a wall near the workbench that is on display. It was a wooden carving of a cattle roundup. Does anyone know if there are any patterns that have been made off of these drawings that are available? I have a piece in mind to work on and that would be the perfect pattern. I have posted pictures of what I saw. Thanks for any suggestions or help. Deb

Picture4 Roundup.jpg

Picture1 Roundup.jpg

Picture2 Roundup.jpg

Picture3 roundup.jpg

post-5832-127472620839_thumb.jpg

post-5832-127472621072_thumb.jpg

post-5832-127472621227_thumb.jpg

post-5832-127472621408_thumb.jpg

These are some of the carved panels from the Al and ANN Stohlman workbench. There also used to be patterns of these that were printed in the old "Make It with Leather" magazines. Perhaps someone on the board has them.

You might try a forum search on "Stohlman workbench". Would likely pull other past conversation concerning the Stohlman's bench.

These are some of the carved panels from the Al and ANN Stohlman workbench. There also used to be patterns of these that were printed in the old "Make It with Leather" magazines. Perhaps someone on the board has them.

You might try a forum search on "Stohlman workbench". Would likely pull other past conversation concerning the Stohlman's bench.

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out!

Deb,

I finally found the pattern packs after years of asking the questions across numerous groups , leather magazines and individuals ($$$$). Unfortunately the roundup is not part of the 4 picture packs. The year that the Stohlman Museum opened we went there in July. I took a bunch of pictures and shared them with Johanna. They can be found here.

Stohllman Gallery

Regards,

Ben

Deb,

I finally found the pattern packs after years of asking the questions across numerous groups , leather magazines and individuals ($$$$). Unfortunately the roundup is not part of the 4 picture packs. The year that the Stohlman Museum opened we went there in July. I took a bunch of pictures and shared them with Johanna. They can be found here.

Stohllman Gallery

Regards,

Ben

Thanks Ben, I will check out your pictures, I took a few but wished I had taken more. Maybe I can at least use them for some inspiration and see what I can come up with. Happy Tapping - Deb

I am looking for the Stohlman Wood Patterns, referred to in the attached picture. I know they are old. Does anyone know where I might find these pattern sets? Or would someone be willing to photocopy and mail or scan and e-mail them to me? Thanks, Sarah

post-23243-088381000 1335022960_thumb.jp