Sign in to follow this  
sylwek tyra

Some Folder Sheaths

Welcome

This is my first post in the group Leatherworker so I wanted to say hello. My interest is to create a leather sheaths, holsters or pouches for knives and a little of this work, I would like to present to you.

I invite you therefore to any discussion about them, any advice and assistance in improving skills. I am very pleased to be among so many excellent sheatmakers.

Let's some pics and have fun...

Benchmade Griptilian 551

60322855.jpg
31851919.jpg
89418119.jpg
74576267.jpg

Spyderco Endura 4

90100828.jpg
12933153.jpg
31319737.jpg
66088502.jpg
78022051.jpg

Spyderco Police

73422789.jpg
66811365.jpg
30729237.jpg
85231287.jpg
12749108.jpg
89456213.jpg
34867627.jpg
16641302.jpg
96839016.jpg

best regards

sly

Edited by sylwek tyra

They all look very good. Great edges and I really like the two tone effect you get with the stamping.

The only thing I noticed that I would watch out for is on a couple of them the stitch lines are a little far away from the molded area. Over time this can allow the leather to get pretty loose on the sheath. Unless your glue holds up.

They all look very good. Great edges and I really like the two tone effect you get with the stamping.

The only thing I noticed that I would watch out for is on a couple of them the stitch lines are a little far away from the molded area. Over time this can allow the leather to get pretty loose on the sheath. Unless your glue holds up.

Hi Madmax22

Yes, stitch lines are a little far away from the molded area but not without a reason. Line of sewing was carry in order to properly grasp wide belt loop on back sheath. Of course glue is very strong so he won't let go.

best regards

Ahh ok that makes sense then. Once again great looking stuff.

Very nice! I especially like the contrast and texture you create with the stamping.

I use 2.5mm tickhness cow leather. It is ideal thickness for modeling of the leather such a things as folders sheaths.

best

Sly

I use 2.5mm tickhness cow leather. It is ideal thickness for modeling of the leather such a things as folders sheaths.

best

Sly

Thanks for the reply