Sign in to follow this  
a wayne lewis

Stitchingn Horse

Can anyone idrect me to someone who makes a stitching horse. I am told that they are fairly easy to make but I am not handy with wood and would prefer to purchase.

Can anyone idrect me to someone who makes a stitching horse. I am told that they are fairly easy to make but I am not handy with wood and would prefer to purchase.

Try eBay.

Irv - check out these links ... might be what you want. I remember a while back somebody around here (was it Kate?) was selling a "benchtop" model that looked like it would work.

Forum post

'Nuther form post

Google link, see p.98 for plans

Bob Douglas tools sells a third hand called a "colt". It will hold your leatherwork just like a stitching horse, but it just screws onto a table top, so you can take it anywhere. It would also be easy to store. It's dimensions are approx. 3 1/4" wide, and 15 3/4 inches long. It looks very sturdy, and capable of doing a lot of good work. Don't confuse this with a stitching pony sold by Tandy. This is MUCH better made (by looking at the catalog). It costs $75 + shipping.

Anyway, here's the phone number, in case you are interested.

Douglas Tools

307 737-2222

Robert and Lee are wonderful people, and easy to work with.

I cannot say enough about how much I love mine from Dale Grabowski of Grandpa's Pastime. I can't find his contact info right now, but someone ought to have it.