okiwen

Foot for Artisan 3000

I recently purchased a 3000. I like the center foot with the little spur on the bottom for straight stiching but will be grinding it off another center foot. I thought I would buy an extra one until I saw the price. Oh my hell. $100.00 for a tiny foot???? It would need to be made of gold.

Does anyone know a resource for another foot supplier. I am sure that there are similar knock off machines that use a foot. I would really appreciate the help. Maybe a used foot?

I will try the little lights and the thread. They are reasonably priced.

Thanks.

I agree on the price. This is the one thing I DON'T understand about heavy stitcher pricing (Ferdco is expensive too). Feet for common sewing machines (single needle, drop feed lockstitch) can be as little as 50 CENTS in quantity.

Bill

Feet and accessories are a wonderful profit item. The importers usually put their own feet on the machines after removing the "blanket foot set" (inside outside feed dog and plate) from the machines as shipped. The manufacturer sells a boat load more machines set up to sew fabric/canvas/webbing and heavy leather stitchers are more from suppliers to that trade like Artisan and Ferdco. They can have them made over here or over there, but volume is low, so prices will be high. The ones I have seen from Ferdco look like custom machining, Artisan feet seem to be more elegant in design, more curves and look more "Artistic". They all work the same though. Do your best to order all the accessories you want when you get the machine, get as much as you can wrapped up in the original deal. Big stitchers don't sell every day, especially in tighter times, so make good deals when you buy, be prepared to walk if it ain't your way, but remember, those folks have to eat too. But volume makes the difference, you can get 111 foot sets for $30 a set while $250 a set is not uncommon for special feet for big stitchers.

And No, the feet are not made of gold or even silver, they are made of the same metal used in Porsches, Pfaffs and Adlers, the rare earth unobtanium.

Art

I recently purchased a 3000. I like the center foot with the little spur on the bottom for straight stiching but will be grinding it off another center foot. I thought I would buy an extra one until I saw the price. Oh my hell. $100.00 for a tiny foot???? It would need to be made of gold.

Does anyone know a resource for another foot supplier. I am sure that there are similar knock off machines that use a foot. I would really appreciate the help. Maybe a used foot?

I will try the little lights and the thread. They are reasonably priced.

Thanks.

So am I to understand that, for example, the 111 feet will not fit on the 3000? Or, I will keep a look out at Ferdco for the once a year feet sale. Is there a chance that the Juki feet will fit? I ask because I don't have an assortment to try. Thank again.

111 feet will not fit the 3000. They will fit many many medium machines out there though. The Ferdco feet do fit the 3000, however they will require some height adjustments.

Art

So am I to understand that, for example, the 111 feet will not fit on the 3000? Or, I will keep a look out at Ferdco for the once a year feet sale. Is there a chance that the Juki feet will fit? I ask because I don't have an assortment to try. Thank again.