Double U Leather

Full Floral Photo Album

Hey gang.....I've been extra busy in the shop lately. Lots of orders thumbsup.gif . Anyway, here is one project that I just finished. I really liked how it turned out. I haven't been at this all that long, but I think this is the best piece I've turned out. I even got the construction items dialed in on this one, including hiding the rivets that attached the insides. Let me know what ya'll think, and how I can improve. Thanks.

w photo album 1.jpg

w photo album back.jpg

w photo album inside.jpg

post-7660-127625703861_thumb.jpg

post-7660-127625705082_thumb.jpg

post-7660-127625706212_thumb.jpg

My Goodness!! For being a "Rookie",,, you are doing Great!! It looks like you've been at this for years. You either have a Very good Mentor,,, or you are a Natural! Keep up the good work,,, & Thanks for sharing. Ed the"BearMan"

Looks incredible! Did you ever find yourself saying "(sigh)....only 16 more flowers to go..."? Very nice.

Thanks for the compliments. As for a mentor, I honestly have just kept drawing circles and experimenting. I've learned a ton by looking at the work on here.

As for wondering "only 16 more flowers", I probably need to ease up on the flowers. I really enjoy Sheridan style, and sometimes I do too many flowers. I really like doin' 'em. The one thing I'm kinda proud of is the fact that, other than the circles and a quick drawn in flower and stem, everything else is free hand with a swivel knife.

Anyway, I appreciate the input and if anyone else has any suggestions on how I can improve, I'm all ears.

Rookie,

I agree with you....this is the best work yet! Congrats on a good job!

Bobby

As for wondering "only 16 more flowers", I probably need to ease up on the flowers. I really enjoy Sheridan style, and sometimes I do too many flowers.

Don't get me wrong - not harping on the number of flowers at all. Your work looks fantastic. I was really just joking more than anything. :) Don't change a thing - the pattern looks great.

Bobby,

Thanks for the encouragement. Yours is the level I strive for. Maybe someday. By the way, knowing that you're a reiner, I just got home from announcing a big reining in Syracuse, NY a couple weeks ago! Might even turn into some future gigs on that front.

Particle, no offense taken at all. I just sometimes think I OD on flowers...LOL.

Bobby,

Thanks for the encouragement. Yours is the level I strive for. Maybe someday. By the way, knowing that you're a reiner, I just got home from announcing a big reining in Syracuse, NY a couple weeks ago! Might even turn into some future gigs on that front.

Particle, no offense taken at all. I just sometimes think I OD on flowers...LOL.

My wife's the reiner and cowhorser in the family, Rookie, I only rope, but I have certainly watched thousands of runs....they take sooooo long, LOL! Hope the announcing gigs works out!

Bobby

LOL Bob...........yes they are long drawn out affairs. And listening to "yeeaaahh" all day for 5 or 6 days is a bit taxing. But, I sure do get to draw alot of circles and flowers at them horse shows! I don't have near as much time to do that when I'm announcing rodeos!