rickeyfro

Chicago Screws

Who carries the best quality chicago screws, I dont remember where I got my last batch but the slots in the head are super shallow and so is the dome itself, not happy with them at all.

I have found that plated steel chicago screws seem to be the worst quality. Try buying solid brass or nickeled brass and I think you will be happier. I buy mine from weaver leather and ohio travel bag. The finish on a lot of the steel screws is poor which leads to rust stains which is a good reason to use the solid brass or nickeled solid brass. I hope this has been of some help......

I tend to get mine from weaver leather... solid brass or chrome over brass worke pretty well

I have found that plated steel chicago screws seem to be the worst quality. Try buying solid brass or nickeled brass and I think you will be happier. I buy mine from weaver leather and ohio travel bag. The finish on a lot of the steel screws is poor which leads to rust stains which is a good reason to use the solid brass or nickeled solid brass. I hope this has been of some help......

If you want to try aluminum check out Lowes home improvement, they keep them in the drawers in the fastener section, I think they call them captive screws, lots of differant lengths.

If you want to try aluminum check out Lowes home improvement, they keep them in the drawers in the fastener section, I think they call them captive screws, lots of differant lengths.

Have you had problems with aluminum turning your leather black @ the screw? I used them years ago and found that they didn't stay tight because you can't get them real tight without stripping the threads, and they tend to turn leather black as they age. This seemed to be a greater problem on items that get wet from time to time...... Jeff

I tend to get mine from weaver leather... solid brass or chrome over brass worke pretty well

Did you mean to say nickel over solid brass? I am not sure anyone makes a crome over solid brass chicago screw, let me know if I'm wrong as I would buy them if made....... Jeff